Cleaning inside of windscreen

the-lada-dude, Jul 22, 8:29am
Probably that blasted silicon that people sray on the facia to make it look pretty . but it leaves a pretty awful mess that some dumb prick has to clean up, meths and window cleaners and elbow grease won't budge it ,,,mineral turps is almost at it, maybe spirits of turpentine may do it . almost down to a mild abrasive ( jiff ) . ideas please

purplegoat, Jul 22, 9:40am
I use standard window cleaner with plain newsprint paper . works a treat every time

ambo11, Jul 22, 12:54pm
Just been through this recently. friends used one of our cars for a couple of weeks a while ago, and they cleaned it before returning, using armor all on the dash. bugger!
Only thing I found to shift the film at home was Sugar Soap wipes, white vinegar didn't touch it. Needed a couple of wipe downs with plain water but seems perfect now. Seemed to remove the film off the dash as well. Worth a try.

saxman99, Jul 23, 5:12am
Waterblaster.

wind.turbine, Jul 23, 7:14am
yea after making that mistake years ago on my ute I now spray the dash cleaner on the cloth then rub on dash, windscreen was a prick to clean but cant remember what I used

the-lada-dude, Jul 23, 7:44am
Ta fella's. . i'll try the S/S

the-lada-dude, Jul 23, 7:45am
yeah yeah, lol . how about a demo on your vehicle 1st

mrfxit, Jul 23, 8:43am
A damp cloth lightly detergented 1st & wipe the top of the dashboard to remove any loose oil residue/ dust etc.
Then spray the glass with isopropal spray & wipe down with std paper towels.
White board cleaner & spectacle (glass's) cleaner is the same stuff

bryshaw, Jul 23, 8:58am
You Tube has videos on 'clay bars' which seem to be a wonder product for cleaning car paint and window glass. Are these available in NZ as a single pack, instead of paying NZ$69.00 for a kit? Amazon sell those exact same kits for US$15!

ceebee2, Jul 23, 10:09am

the-lada-dude, Jul 23, 10:35am
tried it . no go, thanks for the thought

the-lada-dude, Jul 23, 10:36am
I'll have a look , . ta

elect70, Jul 23, 2:42pm
Bit off topic but when buying a car look sideways at the windscreen to see if there are minute scratches in it from women wiping it , the diamond rings leave scratches & indirect sun hard to see out of .

marte, Jul 24, 12:50am
I have seen a few cars with scratched up passengers window because of that.

esky-tastic, Jul 24, 8:16am
Yes, I’ve seen too many screens and windows marred by that thoughtless action.
Why did they not use a rag if they had to wipe the window, grrrr!

supernova2, Jul 24, 6:30pm
Not sure that a rag would be a good idea either. You younger posters might have to think about that for a month or two!

rj-001, Nov 13, 7:13pm
Maybe neat windscreen washer fluid. The Bar's Bugs info on the Supercheap website says "also good for general glass cleaning" . Also I have some Bosch BWA washer fluid and on the bottle is says " & glass cleaner"