Nissan LaFesta proximity key

kazbanz, Sep 20, 12:28pm
The first gen LaFesta's ive had were all as I describe.-the second generation ie the Mazda premacy with a Nissan badge was different. -but they didn't come out till 2012 (ish)

bigfatmat1, Sep 20, 3:28pm
jumped in one today remove battery from key remove plastic cap insert key use start button job done

kazbanz, Sep 20, 3:34pm
what year was it mat?

cjsee, Sep 18, 3:05pm
Just after some help. Proximity key is working in my 2005 Lafesta. The fob also contains a removeable ignition key which i thought could start the car if the proximity key is flat. Just tried it, opens the door and fits in the ignition, but the key will not turn, so car won't start. confused? 'coz i am!

kazbanz, Sep 18, 3:40pm
turn the key the other way up. Also take the weight off off the steering lock--ie grab the wheel and turn the steering a fraction to the left

slarty45, Sep 18, 3:48pm
how common is to have a stop/start button & ignition lock on same car?

used to have a mate called festa
it was short for festering
he had bad acne

cjsee, Sep 18, 4:18pm
Nah still nothing. steering lock isn't on and i cant turn the key paast the lock position. will shoot back to the dealer tomorrow, see if they can sort it. Thanks for the advice!

intrade, Sep 18, 4:29pm
you need the key fob for the rfid information holding it close to the lock.
The key is basically just to unlock the door and to unlock the ignition so a scantool can talk to the car for coding a key. i was on 2 day key training with aecs.net its quite a nightmare you also need a passcode for programming so i hope you have 2 fobs . 3 would be better
we used launch pro scantool who is good on toyota and nissan .

kazbanz, Sep 18, 4:35pm
Sorry intrade but that's a NOPE with the Lafesta and Most nissans of that generation. The Key does start the car normally
CJsee--ok is your "key" ie the remote one shaped like a football or kike a credit card?
Either way First thing is if the battery in the car is flat the key won't turn no matter what you try
second-you do need to push the key and "knob' inwards a bit and have your foot pressing firmly on the brake pedal before the key will turn
so check those three things first before anything else
Just to be clear I have nissans of that age here and have both types of "key" -my instructions are based on having just "done" it

cjsee, Sep 18, 4:39pm
Would that still work if the battery was flat in the fob?

cjsee, Sep 18, 4:40pm
Like a football :-)

intrade, Sep 18, 4:52pm
should do chips on old key have no battery there is a coil who makes a field to power the chip near the ignition point you got to hold the key there. should be in your owner manual?

kazbanz, Sep 18, 4:57pm
Intrade-05 lafesta does start with that key.
I suspect the car vbattery is flat or the OP isn't following one of the steps.

cjsee, Sep 18, 5:01pm
Owners manual is in Japanese. :-(

bumfacingdown, Sep 18, 5:23pm
I agree with kazbanz on this if the keys are anything like that hunk of shit Nissan I bought, (your description, not mine) it starts with the key out of the fob with out the fob being anywhere near the car

kazbanz, Sep 18, 5:28pm
First thing is if the battery in the car is flat the key won't turn no matter what you try. so try tooting the horn or turning the car lights on-if they don't work you've found the issue.
second-you do need to push the key and "knob' inwards a bit and have your foot pressing firmly on the brake pedal before the key will turn
so check those things first before anything else

intrade, Sep 18, 5:28pm
then the key would have the chip inside it or the immobilizer is turned off.
The chip needs to be read look if you see the immo light flash on dash some wont crank some will crank start die when immo code is not passed on or is incorrect.
for nissan i would have to read thru all the documents the ikey is the most difficult to bypass. older nissan nats is easy craked by hooking up a tacho tool to decript what the immo wants to see. as where the i-key changes each time you try hacking it.

bumfacingdown, Sep 18, 5:41pm
Which all makes this "you need the key fob for the rfid information holding it close to the lock. " wrong

kazbanz, Sep 19, 10:53am
Crikey Intrade you really are overcomplicating matters.
if you have the "football" shaped key fob in a Nissan of this generation the actual Blade type key DOES start the car on its own under normal circumstances. Ive got 6 Nissans right here with either the football or the credit card type "key" and tried it to remind myself

bigfatmat1, Sep 19, 2:56pm
I thought you put key in ignition then used the start button hence why it doesn't turn it's not meant to

kazbanz, Sep 19, 6:18pm
nahh-nissans of that generation you still start them the old way ie turn the "key" except when the football/card "key" is doing its job you don't insert a key-if you know what I mean--so wjhen the fob battery is flat you insert key and turn -same way

bigfatmat1, Sep 19, 7:04pm
I thought lafesta was an different system I have struck this problem before I am sure it was a lafesta it's simply not meant to turn. I know the models you are thinking of and you are correct but I think this model is a exemption. Do you have one on yard. I think we do

intrade, Jan 13, 5:18pm
it is complicated there is a few nissan systems aka "nats" nissan-anti-theft-system the key programming only covered nisssan and mercedes in 2 days . i would have to read thru the documentation the one was a wingroad with i-key