Yamaha moped wet clutch

Page 2 / 2
snoopy221, Oct 1, 6:41pm
mmkay seeing pic is a process-means ya upload it and copy and paste the link

PICK-A NUMBER-K

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:43pm
Are you on a phone Toyota ?

If you uploaded a photo, then you need to go into "my trademe" and click on the photo, then copy the address from the address bar up the top of the screen and paste it here in the text box. then we will be able to click on the link like those other photos and see the picture.

snoopy221, Oct 1, 6:44pm
CLUTCH HOUSING COMP

CLUTCH CARRIER ASSY

SPRING, CLUTCH WEIGHT 1

CLUTCH, ONE WAY

WASHER, PLATE (2.4T)

NUT

WASHER, CONICAL SPRING

WASHER, PLATE

COLLAR

PRIMARY DRIVE GEAR ASSY

BEARING

WASHER, PLATE

WASHER, CONICAL SPRING

056cripz, Oct 1, 6:44pm
Yeah I'm on my phone got no memory to upload photo editor I may aswell take it down if can't be viewed lol

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:49pm
Nah. just click on the photo in "my trademe", copy the address and post it here. we might be able to see some sign of wear or something useful.

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:51pm
I've had that half screen before on my phone. bloody annoying and I've never figured out why some pages do it and others don't.

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:54pm
Any ideas anyone ?

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:55pm
Gotta go. Try and get us that photo Toyota.

yz490, Oct 2, 6:43pm
If it's like the variable pulley in the link by No14 muzz67 rubbers shouldn't be able to get out in theory as sit over rubs in the belt pulley drum. Not a wet clutch as such. Clutch is other end anyway with belt pulleys both ends. So i dunno, unless center nut is loose & it's all wondering off. Had heaps of these apart but 20 years ago. Used to flat side the rollers & get sluggish & stick up high like taking off in top for instance. Pulley the other end would get notches from the steel pins getting the angled grooves dragged past them [pins 21] then would get to half distance then the front pulley would pull the belt in half [fun fun fun]. If you 'realy' have a wet clutch then i'm on the wrong page sorry [normal for me].
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Scooter/1988/RAZZ+-+SH50MU/CLUTCH/parts.html http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Scooter/1988/RAZZ+-+SH50MU/TRANSMISSION/parts.html
Razz on the other hand is a wet clutch chain drive single speed in the left cover. Can't see anything rubber but i'll keep looking. Been inside those too, many years ago but never gave trouble generaly, just blocked tail pipes.
Having a closer look at that clutch link do you mean there's bonded rubber stoppers on the back of the clutch shoes where they come to rest as shows nothing but wouldn't if pasrt of the clutch shoe. So--i'm guessing bonded rubber bits have come unstuck so either new shoes or forget about it except the spring will be loose at rest & rattle at idle [guessing]. Used to work [hide in the corner lol] in a Yam shop.

johotech, Oct 2, 6:56pm
Same thing. Only on some pages. Turning the phone landscape, then refresh the page fixes it. It can also be turned back portrait after that.

yz490, Oct 2, 7:02pm
One more thing [my edit time ran out] The kick start shaft on [think this type] used to wear the case out terribly then operate at an angle but if working then you're still on a winner.

cabrio1, Oct 2, 7:54pm
Just an idea, is there a warning light coming up?
"Replace bike"
Really the best solution

mechnificent, Oct 3, 4:56pm
Oh ok. Thanks for that Joho. I'll try it next time.

mechnificent, Oct 3, 4:57pm
"best", Really ?

mechnificent, Oct 3, 5:00pm
" So--i'm guessing bonded rubber bits have come unstuck so either new shoes or forget about it except the spring will be loose at rest & rattle at idle".

Could explain the noise at start and shutdown. shoes kept quiet while being thrown out.

And that's where someone called yz490 would work huh.

tmenz, Oct 3, 5:40pm
To post photo links on Trademe message board:
Take your photos with a digital camera.
Transfer your photos to a convenient folder on your computer – (e.g. ‘Myphotos’ or ‘Desktop’ or whatever suits you)
From the Trademe homepage:
Click on ‘My Trade Me’
Click on ‘View My Trade Me’
On My Trade me page under ‘More options’:
Click on ‘My Photos’
Click on ‘Upload photo’
Click on ‘Browse’ after the ‘File location’ box
Find/navigate to your photo – e.g. Myphotos/clutch.jpg or Desktop/clutch.jpg or whatever
Click on ‘Open’ to set your photo location into the ‘File location’ box
Click on ‘Next’
WAIT, until the ‘Your photo has been uploaded successfully’ message appears
Click on ‘View your photos’, then:

Either:
1) Click on the photo of interest to open it
Click in the URL address box at the top of the screen to highlight the address – drag across it if necessary.
e.g. https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/651551668.jpg
Hold CTRL and press ‘C’ key to COPY the URL

Or:
2) Right click on the photo of interest
Click on Copy Shortcut

Return to the ‘Trademe’ message board by clicking the browser back arrow, then click ‘Community’ etc. until you get to the ‘Post Message’ place where you want to be
When in the ‘Post Message’ box, hold CTRL and press ‘V’ to PASTE the URL into your message.

cabrio1, Oct 3, 7:09pm
Haha, well we all like a challenge, and getting bikes/ cars going right is always fun , but A good excuse to upgrade for OP.

056cripz, Dec 19, 1:45am
Thanks I messaged them :)