Yamaha moped wet clutch

Page 1 / 2
056cripz, Oct 1, 2:30pm
Having an issue with my wet clutch the clutch plates keep slipping off the little rubber pads and its making a awful noise is anyone familiar with these wet clutches yamaha mint similar to the razz

intrade, Oct 1, 3:54pm
you want to post some immages your post makes no sense to me.
i had scooters with wet clutches non have any rubber in the oil.
if a clutch slips= its worn.

056cripz, Oct 1, 4:10pm
There is two clutch plates on one end there is a rubber stopper looking part that slips into the end of the other clutch plate and that keeps slipping out of place not slips as in its worn it isn't worn.

mechnificent, Oct 1, 4:13pm
Photo would help. an online parts site might have diagrams of the parts all exploded.

And what's the noise look like ? haha . sort of a chunka chunka chunka sort of sound ?

056cripz, Oct 1, 4:17pm
Sounds like something grinding like a chain noise its only when I kick start it and then again when I stop the engine

056cripz, Oct 1, 4:19pm
Didnt know you can post pics on here?

056cripz, Oct 1, 4:23pm
I have a diagram but doesn't say why the plates are moving out of place.

intrade, Oct 1, 4:24pm
www.iforce.co.nz
post link

johotech, Oct 1, 4:25pm
Maybe if you said what the model is, someone might be able to look up relevant information.

mechnificent, Oct 1, 4:36pm
to post a photo you go into "my trademe" and down a bit there is a link called "my photos" go into there and follow the instructions to upload a photo to TM. when the picture has finished uploading it will be found in "my photos", click on it and it appears in a Tm web page. Copy the address from the address bar at the top of the web page and paste it into here and when we click on it we see the picture.

056cripz, Oct 1, 4:40pm
Its a 1997 Yamaha mint moped that's all I know

johotech, Oct 1, 4:47pm
If it was me, I would just take the bits into a Yamaha dealer and they would give me new bits. because probably your bits are broken.

muzz67, Oct 1, 4:53pm

muzz67, Oct 1, 4:54pm

mechnificent, Oct 1, 5:15pm
Those are both centrifugal clutches, and don't have clutch plates. which is what the only yamaha step through moped thing I've worked on has had, and that all the manuals I've got show.

Hmm. perhaps there is some confusion about what a clutch plate is. perhaps it's not a friction plate he's talking about.

mechnificent, Oct 1, 5:16pm
And. those aren't wet. they run in a dry cover.

We need to see your photo Toyota.

snoopy221, Oct 1, 6:14pm
Do i **decipher** this?

on one end there is a rubber stopper looking part that slips into the end of the other clutch plate and that keeps slipping out of place

As a broken spring joining the two centrifugal clutch plate shoes .
That had a rubber sleeve over it?

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:20pm
Yeah. could be Snoopy, or I was thinking one of the cover plates over the shoes and drum.

Come on Toyota. don't be shy. we're here to help. Nobody's going to hassle you for not being familiar with mechanical things. Did either of those pictures look like your's ?

There are some pretty experienced people in here and we can probably guide you through this.

cabrio1, Oct 1, 6:20pm
The oil has Leaked into the clutch chamber, your compression will be up the duffer as well.

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:23pm
Apart from the centrifugal clutch they also have a centrifugal operated variable diameter pulley to give infinitely variable ratio. Could even be that that's playing up.

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:25pm
Yeah Cabrio, I reckon it's meant to be dry. the oil might be what's causing the whatever to slip off. or that's caused the rubber to swell or something.

056cripz, Oct 1, 6:27pm
The second diagram ^ is like my one the springs are not broken and wet clutch as it bathes in oil

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:36pm
Ok. good man. So we aren't really talking about clutch plates then.

Ok. can you either copy the photo to your computer, use "paint" or photoshop or something to draw a circle around the bit that's causing the problem, and then reload the photo into Tm, or, describe the part in the picture ?

And yup, if it's meant to be filled with oil then it's a wet clutch.

056cripz, Oct 1, 6:38pm
Having an issue ceing half of whats being sald cant scroll over but I tried upload a pic to trademe you should be able to see the rubber peice im talking about and be able to see it is not seared correctly

mechnificent, Oct 1, 6:39pm
And I'm going to be off soon but if nobody else helps, I'll be back tomorrow. Try drawing on the picture, an arrow or something showing the problem. A photo is worth a thousand words they say. and, as a fellow that often writes three thousand words in a post in here. I reckon it's near so.