Can you track down some one by their number plate?

Page 2 / 2
friendly_prawn, Oct 12, 9:25pm
more info coming to light all the time, but at this stage all I know about where they live or work is that they have done a runner to Auckland.

I have found that family of mine are friends with them so that may be useful. Just waiting to talk to them. And yes that is definitely on the cards. If I find out where they work I'll have no hesitation going to their work to discuss what they owe in front of their employer.

friendly_prawn, Oct 12, 9:27pm
Now that does look very useful. Most helpful. Many thanks for that. It states they may even help find their address. Nice. cheers for that.

friendly_prawn, Oct 12, 9:29pm
already done. But how to get them to tell me where they live. Im hoping to try a little social engineering but its going to take time to gain their trust.

friendly_prawn, Oct 12, 9:32pm
Im now thinking the car will be registered to their old address so not going to be helpful anyway. Until they put a new rego on it perhaps? Hmm, wonder if wof places can dig up address info. But again, it will mean waiting until they get a new wof.

taipapaki, Oct 13, 7:45am
ask any of these people https://gazette.govt.nz/home/NoticeSearch?keyword=motor+vehicle+register the very top one is ALL motorvehicle traders but there are hundreds of lists of others

the-lada-dude, Oct 13, 8:09am
Trout fishing seasons over buddy, . why don't you offer them something they can't resist, . like some hash or meth or a used 9" diff

desmodave, Oct 13, 10:01am
These days Facebook is very useful for finding people . There is always more than 1 way to skin a cat .

esky-tastic, Oct 13, 11:19am
Ha-ha!
Or a rotary with enormous grunt!

carstauranga001, Oct 13, 11:47am
What? What system you on? I have access via number plate. Although it is the current owner only now. The system you're talking about is only if the owner opted out.

black-heart, Oct 13, 1:32pm
Record look ups are recorded, if any of those people look up something and that query is later questioned, if they don't have a reason they will be in trouble for breaching the privacy act.

kazbanz, Oct 13, 5:25pm
Prawny- How much in arrears are they? ie does bond cover? Personally I wouldn't be faffing around chasing em--I'd be lodging a claim with TT right away

gunhand, Oct 13, 5:38pm
You will know their name so go on face book, idiots post all manner of useful crap on there, they are to dumb to realize what they do. Prob tell you where they went etc etc.

friendly_prawn, Oct 13, 9:12pm
Bond already taken, so leaving $1400 owing via Tenancy tribunual. They now legally owe that amount its a matter of finding where they live so I can use various procedures to recover debt. just emailed you.

friendly_prawn, Oct 13, 9:14pm
thats where I got their car number plate from.

mber2, Oct 14, 5:29pm
I think it costs about $2 at the post office Well it used to i dont know about now

mber2, Dec 24, 9:19am
Lodge what info you have with a debt collector. They have ways and means of finding people or try that guy on tv who finds lost relatives.