BMW Z4 or Toyota Supra

tamarillo, Oct 19, 7:53pm
This will be one mighty comparison test! Co developed and sharing platform, engines etc will the Toyota be more reliable and the BMW more interesting?
Test of personality . Which version would you have?

gunhand, Oct 19, 8:33pm
Which Supra, they spanned 10 years or so with differing specs.

meow_mix, Oct 19, 8:41pm
I'd take the Supra, it will be a fire-breathing twin turbo supercar, the BMW version will just be a cruiser.

tamarillo, Oct 20, 4:24pm
The next one. BMW and Toyota have partnered to develop a new sports car together and then sell own version of it.
Hence, which version would you have?

rbd, Oct 20, 7:43pm
Please let Toyota do anything related to keeping the oil in the engine.

gunhand, Oct 20, 7:54pm
Oh, Bit like the Subaru Toyota then. Didn't quite read what you wrote correctly. Is there pictures somewhere yet?

saxman99, Oct 20, 8:35pm
I believe the suggestion is that BMWs leak oil. Where anyone would get that idea is a mystery.

gunhand, Oct 20, 8:38pm
Aaaaaah. Buggered if i know if they do or not.

intrade, Oct 20, 8:45pm
they all are gona be electric only in a few years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFOpnHBXOjo

rsr72, Oct 20, 9:07pm
They can do in some fairly recent Turbo 6cyl models, and very, very, expensive to fix.

tamarillo, Oct 21, 8:14am

rohoman, Oct 21, 5:29pm
Take the Supra - at least its indicators will work and the driver will use them!

supernova2, Oct 21, 7:45pm
I quite like the paint job, wonder if i could get 1 like that but in yellow?

richardmayes, Oct 21, 8:18pm
So now Toyota will have two completely different big powerful 2-door coupes at the same time. this, and that V8 Lexus. Why? Why not just make the Supra a stripped out lexus coupe with a manual gearbox and as much of a weight reduction as possible?

meow_mix, Oct 21, 9:10pm
Because the Supra will be a true supercar, while the Lexus RC F is more a grand tourer or GT. I couldn't see Toyota making the Supra with a V8 when you consider the Supra's 6 cylinder heritage.

serf407, Dec 18, 6:13am
If the new Supra borrows the BMW electronics I would pass on both and rather have a genuine Lexus of some description.
Is the Supra likely to have bioplastic wiring insulation etc?
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/88119/new-toyota-supra-all-the-latest-on-the-2018-sports-car