Went cruising in my mates 12A turbo'd RX7

friendly_prawn, Jul 17, 10:43pm
Thinking of buying my mates 12A RX7 fully worked and turboed so took it for a spin.

Gets to a set of lights and some dude pulls up in a late model Mustang. He looks at me. So I looks back . He gives me a cheeky grin and gives that Muzzy a rev or two. Thing sounds sweet. Lights change and while the Mustang drivers still grinning, I guns it. That 12a lays down a couple of strips of rubber and the smokes so mean the poor guy in his dinosaur cant see.

I cruised around the block and the dude and his Mustang still sitting there.

He has his head on the steering wheel and he's shedding real tears. I pulls up along side him and give him a toot. He looks up and I gives him a cheeky grin.

True story. What you think guys, should I buy the 12a?

djrandomguy, Jul 17, 10:45pm
yea, I heard petrol's really cheap now, buy it.

apollo11, Jul 17, 10:52pm
Buy it, and enjoy it for as long as it goes.

kevymtnz, Jul 17, 11:01pm
Nürburgring
mustang is there a few times a fair way down the list but a rotang ? none to be seen
baby car ok under 200kph over that they have nothing

phalanax, Jul 17, 11:20pm
lol. yep . pretty sure the Mustang will still be going after about 4 rotor engine swaps.

snoopy221, Jul 17, 11:32pm
LMAO-and nek minut ya gunna tell us that he doesn't have to stop outside a maxda dealership ta change his key battery

clark20, Jul 17, 11:39pm
Every day I think about the mistake of buying my SS-V V8 Commodore, and wish I bought a turbo RX7, you are so lucky to have one. I mean the V8 has no character at all.

msigg, Jul 18, 7:08am
Then you woke up.

gusthe1, Jul 18, 7:26am
Did you turn your baseball cap around the right way after you had finished

the-lada-dude, Jul 18, 7:52am
Ha ha, that was my line,. but funny how a dream can turn into a nightmare real quick, the look on a nightmare victims face is so good to observe, . BUY IT !

friendly_prawn, Jul 18, 7:57am
I even managed to pick up a couple of chicks while doing a spin around the block to confront the 6.5" Mustang driver. I think the Mustang was his way of making up for his tiny little appendage.

saxman99, Jul 18, 8:10am
There's no way you could have driven round the block after laying down those two strips of rubber, because the 9" diff would have blown.

martin11, Jul 18, 9:06am
Mazda would run out of steam before the mustang wound up .

poppy62, Jul 18, 9:35am
An Aquaintance of mine who owns a 4cyl Mustang reckons some Old codger with a back to front baseball cap on, in and RX7 lined him up at the lights. He says he turned his sounds on to make his car sound like a fully blown V8 and the Galoot in the RX7 couldn't stop grinning. Reckons he could see Green lights in his eyes. Anyway just as the lights were ready to change, my aquaintance dropped his real hot cup of coffee in his lap, the RX7 sped off while he cleaned up the coffee which incidentally brought tears to his eyes. Next minute the RX7 guy is back at the lights with 2 Hookers aboard grinning like a Cheshire cat. Aquaintance says he rcognized one of the Hookers as Robert (Down) who used to live next door and had a change in life. He said that when he saw Bob Down disappear into the RX7 Geezers lap he lost it and tears were streaming down his face as he thumped the steering wheel in uproarious laughter. Says it was well worth spilling his Coffee for.

friendly_prawn, Jul 18, 10:08am
Lol, brilliant.

serf407, Jul 18, 10:23am
Have to put a transparent aluminium front plate on the 12a and livestream the action.
see thru rotary
https://youtu.be/WW7lDm2x9pw Transparent Aluminium https://youtu.be/DduO1fNzV4w

the-lada-dude, Jul 18, 10:51am
Thanks poppy, I always wondered where the USA exhaust makers name came from, . HOOKER HEADERS . I bet FP is saying, well blow me down, to that

friendly_prawn, Jul 18, 9:48pm
Well here's a rotary you dont see every day.

#: 1703336996

greenfox, Nov 19, 10:55am
yes buy the rotary. Great for making petrol companies and mechanics rich. There are good reasons why piston engined cars outsell rotaries millions to one and why only one model car uses a rotary.