EV rally car

Page 2 / 3
bumfacingdown, May 21, 1:48pm
Considering the thread was about EV rally cars

tygertung, May 21, 2:04pm
I'm still interested in the racing class which isn't restricted by power source.

loose.unit8, May 21, 2:51pm
Not a proper car compared to what lol

mcfc11, May 21, 4:15pm
You may not be interested in the "noise" but for motor sport fans it embellishes the atmosphere.

tygertung, May 21, 4:41pm
Which classes are not restricted to suit the power source please?

bill-robinson, May 21, 6:54pm
the old canam group7 sports cars are the olny ones i know of. must have 2 seat areas plus the logical safety features of the day.

tygertung, May 21, 6:59pm
OK, so powerplant, fuel etc. is completely open on that class?

ronaldo8, May 21, 7:00pm
A horse?

apollo11, May 21, 7:01pm
I thought he meant a bottle of coke.

callum.irvine, May 21, 8:02pm
Aren't lot of the classic endurance races not restricted by power source as far as an individual winner? They may have classes within them. The classes themselves perhaps restricted to "type of vehicle" rather than specifics on power source. Think Le Mans, Paris to Dakkar etc. You have an overall winner. Then you have class winners within it. Le mans and the fia endurance championship seems a testing ground for hybrid power plants.

tygertung, May 21, 8:14pm
Usually racing classes will have restrictions on capacity, fuel, number of cylinders etc.

bill-robinson, May 21, 8:34pm
go look up the FIA rules, engines,gearboxs,tyres,body, were free. fuel i think was limited to pump gas in the usa which is 100 octane. 9 litre V8,s 12 cylinder turbo 7 litre V12s. magic

tygertung, May 21, 8:51pm
What about gas turbines, would that be allowed?

Is this a current class, or have all the new racing classes "gone to the dogs"?

bumfacingdown, May 21, 8:55pm
Of course "real" race cars use hybrid motors as in F1

tygertung, May 21, 9:24pm
I just checked and the group 7 regulations were restricted in power source, so it seems that all racing is restricted to the power source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_7_(racing)

bill-robinson, May 22, 6:33am
did you read the second paragraph properly?

tygertung, May 22, 7:34am
Yep and it also says "they must utilize commercial gasoline"

So the power source is restricted to commercial gasoline.

bill-robinson, May 22, 8:19am
well i was there and i know what i saw.

tygertung, May 22, 9:04am
Well, in that class the power source is restricted to gasoline. Which means other power sources such as methanol, ethanol, nitro and other power sources are not permitted.

I think every racing class has restrictions for power source, but who knows, I could be wrong.

bill-robinson, May 22, 9:51am
so power only comes from fuel do it?

alowishes, May 22, 10:03am
Who suggested THAT?

harm_less, May 22, 10:34am
How do you define "power" and "fuel"? Your answers to that should serve as an answer to your own question.

tygertung, May 22, 10:59am
An engine cannot run without a power source. An Otto cycle engine relies on petrol as the power source. A Diesel cycle relies on diesel as the power source. An electric motor relies on electricity as the power source.

Or the fuel for a petrol engine is petrol, the fuel for en electric engine is electricity. The fuel for a diesel engine is diesel.

apollo11, May 22, 11:08am
Lol. Tygertung, your kids are on your computer again.

jmma, May 22, 11:40am
Rubbish