EV rally car

Page 3 / 3
bill-robinson, May 22, 1:14pm
so the swept volume of the engine and the power adders have no effect then?

bumfacingdown, May 22, 1:23pm
No suggestions of that in this thread bill

bill-robinson, May 22, 1:47pm
if you little boys do not know what the words mean go and find out

tygertung, May 22, 4:32pm
What is fuel please? What is your opinion? Is the fuel the power source?

harm_less, May 22, 5:09pm
The key word is energy. Power is the measure of work done by the energy while that energy can either be supplied directly such as with electricity or extracted from a fuel such as petrol, diesel, coal or wood.

The crucial difference is the efficiency with which that energy is converted to power. In the case of an EV you can expect a 10-20% efficiency loss whereas the loss from petrol is more like 75% loss, diesel slightly better and solid fuels even less efficient due to a conversion to steam or other energy transfer medium. Losses in most cases are due to waste heat, friction and inertia.

bill-robinson, May 22, 6:48pm
lets put it this way. an engine is an air pump that contains air as it burns fuel to create fuel. if you take a litre of petrol and burn in an open container how much power does it produce?

tygertung, May 22, 6:49pm
So would you say that the petrol is the fuel for an internal combustion engine?

bill-robinson, May 22, 7:20pm
this could go on forever and is a waste of time space and has nothing to do with the subject. i am out, argue with your self.

gunhand, May 22, 7:27pm
Finally, I didn't think you were going to realize whats going on. Don't feed the addicts.

tygertung, May 22, 7:47pm
Well if petrol is fuel and if fuel is the power source for an engine, even group 7 cars are restricted by power source, which means all racing classes are restricted by power source.

gazzat22, Aug 4, 9:53pm
You must have driven some real old bangers.! I,ve been driving for over 50 years and never heard a car/vehicle that sucked/squeezed/banged or blew.Most of the noise is tyre and road noise which you also get in an EV or do they go on a pocket of air.?