Rav4 2007

frank1, Nov 7, 3:58pm
Any one got any approx cost to replace CVT trans oil and filter,its a 4wd 2.4.
TIA

intrade, Nov 7, 4:07pm

frank1, Nov 7, 4:28pm
OK , thanks intrade, but I'm in Wellington.

intrade, Nov 7, 5:11pm
does not matter ring them or drive it there for a service. if you want it done right then you dont have loads of options in retardland . Once you know what matters you can spot morons.

kazbanz, Nov 7, 5:14pm
About $400
You do mean to change the fluid in the tranz right?

frank1, Nov 7, 6:45pm
kaz--yes thought I said that?

frank1, Nov 7, 6:51pm
#4 retardland--well go back to Europe then if you don't like it here.
Drive it there? --Im in Wgtn!

laurelanne, Nov 7, 7:08pm
Actually, did 4wd RAV4s from that era have CVTs.

frank1, Nov 7, 8:15pm
Yes they do,imported mine,but NZ new same year do not, NZ are a year behind the Japs on new cars
Easy to tell anyway--no dipstick,all done at the drain plug for some reason.

kazbanz, Nov 7, 9:05pm
I've been screwing up what I read so much lately I thought I'd better check-but my numbers the same.

s_nz, Nov 7, 9:35pm
Basically any mechanic will be able to flush transmission fluid. Ideally specify that genuine Toyota fluid be used.

The $400 estimate above is reasonable for a ballpark, but give your local mechanics, and the local toyota dealership a call and ask for a price to do the job.

kazbanz, Nov 8, 11:29am
hey Frank I'm not a franchise dealer fanboy for obvious reasons. But thinking about this for a bit I would suggest booking your vehicle into the nearest Toyota franchise workshop. You WILL almost definitely pay more than the local mechanic but part of servicing the transmission will be any software updates the car needs.

franc123, Nov 8, 12:00pm
There is far better chance the job will be done right and the correct fluid used if following this.

frank1, Nov 8, 8:52pm
# 12 & 13--thanks for that, never thought software could be a prob just for trans oil change--the mind boggles.

kazbanz, Oct 26, 9:18pm
Sorry Frank perhaps I wasn't being clear. The point being with the CVT transmission there are factory software updates a franchise dealer will apply to the car (or should) whilst the trans fluid is being changed.