Searching TM for a trailer. and>

Page 2 / 2
tnt423, Aug 13, 8:49pm
What sort of trailer are you looking for?

Any one that builds it is going to need a design done to get a engineer to sign it off.

I can email the trailer places I deal with to see if they have any gear to the TC class trailers.

mrcat1, Aug 13, 9:56pm
I realise it needs a design, I just don't want to have to pay a company to have a design done if there is someone already capable with a design to build what I'm looking for, as i said the likes of TRT view it as a one off.

tnt423, Aug 13, 10:21pm
What sort of trailer are you looking for?

xs1100, Aug 15, 9:34am
try Gibbons trailers or even reid trailers

kecal, Aug 15, 5:15pm
iam also in the market for a trailer does anyone have any comments on
Titan trailers nz made?

mrfxit, Jun 28, 9:48am
Seriously tho, can't believe the prices ppl are wanting for domestic trailers at the moment, even tho's that need fixing.

toyboy3, Jun 28, 9:57am
Remember that the auction selling fee is $39

stevo2, Jun 28, 10:23am

mrfxit, Jun 28, 10:36am
Yea looking at a few imported sets selling in Auckland & it's square tube box, not heavy wall boxing being used for chassis & drawbars

mrfxit, Jun 28, 10:39am
Saw a 6 month old heavy duty tandem trailer with a busted drawbar.
Both sides had neatly sheared off like it had been cut or a joint split.
Dead straight lines with no buckling

3x2 tubing box, not heavy box section

apollo11, Jun 28, 3:49pm
Probably made from the highest quality Chinesium.

franc123, Jun 28, 4:06pm
What ever happened to NZ safety standards? Out the window since the FTA was signed? This crap should not be allowed to be imported, it only happens because the importers know it's not subject to a compliance process.

tony9, Jun 28, 4:22pm
What safety standards? There are none for light trailers.

franc123, Jun 28, 4:29pm
Safety standards for manufactured goods generally, they covered a lot of minimum requirements for how things should be made.

mrfxit, Jun 28, 4:58pm
The standards for the likes of trailers are clear.
"Sound engineering concepts & standards" (words to that effect)
Basically it means that if a part of it fails due to crappy workmanship, & causes a crash or injury that is notifiable through the std official channels, (police/ Ambo/ ACC etc) then the current owner & possibly the original builder could be held liable for damages etc.

Exactly the same situation with building work that skims in under the permits/ consents etc.

Built to a specific known std but cert no longer needed or didn't need one to start with.

tnt423, Jun 28, 7:15pm
Yep it's a joke, there are a couple of other companies selling trailers with the draw bar mounted the same way as bunnings, the nzta said it was up to the sellers to recall them .

tnt423, Jun 28, 7:27pm
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/1353198425.jpg Repaired this one this year, still had a year to go on its 3 year wof. Saw this thing going down the road.

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/1353199699.jpg

yz490, Jun 29, 10:31am
Makes one think that safety chains should be coming from all directions, not just the drawbar--or build it right & of heavy enough gauge steel in the first place. I've followed overloaded trailers on occasions, mostly full of gravel dribbling onto the highway, where the wheels are slightly imitating an early VW but must be tyre flex [i hope] haha.

apollo11, Jun 29, 10:34pm
Fortress were clobbered a while ago for selling Chinese high tensile bolts that were failing on the job. The 8.8 stamped on the head of the bolts was just for show- they were the crappiest mild steel.

trade4us2, Jun 30, 9:28pm
My safety chain was welded on, so I was told to bolt the chain on instead.
Steelmasters gave me a bolt free.

mrfxit, Jul 18, 12:18am
One of my trailers has the chain welded on, got told to put a bolt through it.