New Nissan Z

serf407, Sep 17, 8:01pm
Is this likely to be better than a Toyota 86/ Subaru BRZ ?
new nissan z
http://www.nzautocar.co.nz/autocar-news-app/this-is-it-new-nissan-z-sports-car-finally-revealed

tgray, Sep 17, 8:13pm
Look very dated already to me. Something from the 1990's.
The grill looks like something cut out with a hacksaw and inspired by a side table.
Not impressed.

muzz67, Sep 17, 8:18pm
I really like the one halfway down the page, looks proper oldschool.

apollo11, Sep 17, 8:36pm
Yeah, I'd rather have the 240z.

sw20, Sep 17, 9:44pm
Probably cost more than the new car as well. Classic Japanese car prices are going nuts.

serf407, Sep 17, 10:26pm
The new z design'd budget must have been partially diverted to the Ariya's R & D.
nissan ariya electric suv
https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/evs/122148588/nissan-reveals-productionready-ariya-electric-suv

tamarillo, Sep 18, 6:40am
Like. But whether Nissan have the finances to develop it into a supra Z4 competitor seems doubtful.

tgray, Sep 18, 8:24am
That's another horribly ugly car in my opinion.
$100,000 to buy the Toyota? no thanks.

loose.unit8, Sep 18, 9:46am
I like it. Simple lines and decent power! That colour is gross though.

I like the look of the Toyota 86 but it's lacking in power.

Not a fan of the new supra's looks though.

meow_mix, Sep 18, 11:59am
I loved the 300ZX twin turbo from the 1990s, but I'm sorry to say I never really liked the later 350Z and 370Z, they just didn't feel like proper supercars, no turbo models available. The new model looks exciting.

serf407, Sep 18, 1:42pm

electromic, Sep 18, 8:49pm
I am a fan of all the z and zx models. I put a few kms on a 300zx and it would be my favourite. I like the new one except for the colour. The 350z is a great car but I prefer the same year skyline coupe for looks.

tamarillo, Sep 19, 7:52am
Agree the supra is ugly, though it does have drama. This Datsun is better looking but whether the underpinnings can compete with the supra BMW.
Not that they can’t do it, looking at you skyline, but whether they have the money.

sw20, Sep 19, 8:45am
New Supra is too expensive for what you get. For less money just buy the BMW M240i which also can be optioned with a real manual transmission. When you toss up the price of the Supra, you may as well spend a few thousand more and get the BMW M2.

sw20, Sep 19, 12:33pm
If you want an old car go for gold.

msigg, Sep 19, 5:12pm
Yes the new nissan is a better car.

apollo11, Sep 24, 10:27am
If I had the money, I'd buy one of these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58BP64UJtec

richardmayes, Sep 24, 11:53am
Nice. I wonder how many years of renders there will be before they actually start stamping them out and selling them?

In the old days that they are trying to cash in on, they just got on with it and put their current big 6 cylinder sedan engine in the smallest chassis they could assemble out of their parts bin. just like the Brits who have them the idea in the first place.

wizid, Nov 14, 12:56pm
i want 0ne very nice