2005 the last good toyota

intrade, Aug 24, 5:56am
My research seems to proof it self.
MotorBiscuit: The Toyota Prius Alarmingly Earned a Spot on This List.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-toyota-prius-alarmingly-earned-a-spot-on-this-list/

tamarillo, Aug 24, 6:17pm
Well I’d go further and say it was late 80’s with the AE86 personally.
The new gt86 and supra are good but not actually Toyota’s so not included!

hkjoe, Aug 26, 8:37pm
RT40 Corona?

franc123, Aug 27, 12:06am
Yawn. That totally overlooks the fact that Prius owners by and large hate cars in the first place. They hate driving, hate petrol and hate operating costs. They're nitpickers who would rather be using public transport if it wasnt unreliable and an ever increasing health and safety hazard.

gsimpson, Aug 27, 4:03am
Modern Toyotas are probably less tolerant to Toyota slob maintenance than the older more basic models.

strobo, Aug 27, 6:06am
Id say the last Good Toyota was anything they manufactured in rear wheel drive.
When the front wheel & all wheel drive cars came in people bought into it,they were a throw away items anyway with attractive gadgets or become too expensive to keep going forever .,The rear wheel drives ,were maintained in a very simplistic way for longest life.Those days most kiwis could sort a problem out over a weekend ( as a necessity or for the enjoyment of repairing it themselves with only a few basic tools in keeping the family & job moving forward .

fishb8, Aug 27, 7:12am
And the problem with that is?

intrade, Aug 27, 7:34am
some quite good info on toyota and its peoblems that all manufacturer fight like vw had nifty testing software to combat the fact engines are not pollution cleaning machines
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2021-toyota-hilux-dpf-changes-outlined

franc123, Aug 27, 7:40am
There isnt one unless Toyota are bothered by their own customer surveys.

intrade, Aug 27, 7:45am
i did read thru the article who gives a rats ass Who goes to toyota church on sunday. The article points out 2 models of the prius and its years are knowen poofigthers.

Also my hilux article the last good toyota diesel was the 2.8 non turbo and the last good hilux was in 1988 where they changed to the headcracker designe . from the engine engine the topgear toyota try destruct video the indestructible rocker roller engine was discontinued 88 -89. it only got worse and worse from there on.
last good vw diesel was 2007 -08 with the R&D monsta pumpedüse- unitinjector discontinued due to heat problems for emission to add more emission restrictions would have destroyed them in no time so they changed to commonrail and found hmm no much different what to do . to make them last a bit longer . That is the problem all makes have Petrol are also fitted with emission filters and loads of direct injectors suffer the same problem like GDI mitsubishi D4 petrol toyota Tsi -tfsi vw . cidi general motor and so on.

franc123, Aug 27, 7:47am
You're right, but all that got ruined by the fact the bodies were not made to last, absolutely shocking rust traps that folded up in crashes built light to compensate for low performance engines with few exceptions Japan produced the worst bodies in the world, they made the British efforts in the 60's look good. Something that was obviously rectified with the newer generation FWD models.

lythande1, Aug 27, 8:21am
Well I am happy with my 2006 Toyota. and it's not electric.

jesus2000, Aug 27, 8:16pm
Around 2005 was certainly a good era for Toyota/Lexus.

https://youtu.be/75YcIEyWmco https://youtu.be/RI6r22ctge8

strobo, Aug 28, 6:19am
You are right too but these younguns of today have no aspirations of chucking a skid sideways in mums Front Wheel Drive It just aint cool enough and have no real handle on the jandle if they got into a real life situation like loosing control on the kilmog in snow and rain coming back from Dunners on a sunday night.The best skilled youngers today are those who drive drive rear wheel drive likes of the Nissan Skylines ,those ones are safe drivers who play it out real not like those others who drive FWD's who practice with digital game machine software where you can crash and restart the game ;-) some even don't know what they are driving for starters except it goes forwards and backwards, These ones are not safe drivers . that's how smart some are.!It's in material how the car folds up in a crash ,if it crashes then it's destination forked anyways for both the car and driver.

tamarillo, Aug 28, 7:45am
a lot to agree with but unsure of Generalisation on skilled drivers in skylines. They seem to have a need to be within a foot of others cars bumpers and skill includes road craft.

intrade, Aug 29, 7:52am

sr2, Aug 30, 2:14pm
Intrade me old mate, despite it being great entertainment for us all you've got to stop trolling these dodgy websites.

To quote a recent review of Motorbiscuit "A blindfolded chimpanzee throwing darts into a sand dune would have a better chance of accuracy than this idiotic car bashing page".

regy_2005, Aug 31, 8:46am
I'm happy with my 2013 Camry taxi with 350,000k on it.Been brilliant runner and will be for a while yet

intrade, Nov 27, 5:01pm
re 18 that camry taxi driver who driven me from airport to vw dealership in dunedin a few years ago said he had unsolfed transmission problems and limp home issues with his camry taxi. its wierd how i come across this and i dont look for it. i just remember it What year it was i dont know.