Toyota IST

thunderbolt, Nov 16, 9:41pm
Around mid 2000 vintage.
Any comments! Good, bad or indifferent!
1.5 better than the 1.3!
For an elderly lady who found the higher seat postion easier to get in and out of. Not that she has actually driven one yet!

kazbanz, Nov 16, 9:51pm
Thunderbolt. I sell a LOT of these vehicles. The best way to look at an IST mechanically is to think of a Toyota Echo/vitz/platz/yarrisand give it a jazzed up look inside and out. Very much like a NEW shape Suzuki swift.
IMO they are quite a nice vehicle and the styling is much more contemporary.
The elderly lady will be comfortable with the seat height and frankly the extra you pay for the 1500 she is extremely unlikely to notice the power difference.
Mechanically of course they are really reliable.
BUT I feel they are quite expensive compared to their competitioneven within Toyota's own ranks. I'd suggest from Toyotas stable. A Funcargo,A vitz or a platz. --all have high seats
IMO directly competing but better bang for buck is the Nissan March/micra,the Mazda Demio or the Old shape suzuki swift (holden Cruize) ALL of these have higher seats and in fact they all have adjustable height on the drivers seat.
For the record-everything I'm suggesting has a camchain

thunderbolt, Nov 17, 8:48am
Are you bloody serious Trade me!
What the hell was wrong with the response deleted above!

How about you use those over priced fees to hire some staff that can apply some logic to trawling the boards looking for posts break the rules.

No wonder those knowledgable posters who offer advice have all long departed.

phard, Nov 17, 8:55am
Nothing They D++KS

hurricaneken, Nov 17, 9:59am
we got 1 and has been a very good car,have had no problems with it, we have the 1.5l.

thunderbolt, Nov 17, 10:12am
Awesome thanks

hurricaneken, Mar 12, 5:40pm
good power for a small car and still has a bit of leg room in the back