Cheapest car insurance - third party?

mistletoe22, Oct 5, 6:17pm
Hi, I hardly use my car now - so wondering what is cheapest third party insurance available in terms of provider and a higher excess to save monthly payments. My car is a low mileage 2010 Suzuki swift.

franc123, Oct 5, 6:48pm
Be careful there, often the saving isnt worth it between TPFT policies and comprehensive.

andrewcg53, Oct 5, 6:57pm
If yout car got hit by some one with no insurance can you afford to replace your car, take the persons to court and get paid $5 a week repayment, if no get fully covered

sw20, Oct 5, 7:27pm
Yeah TPFT is often not a huge amount cheaper than full comp. As above, if someone hits and runs, you are on your own.

3tomany, Oct 5, 8:23pm
Try FMG they may well surprise you.

nzmax, Nov 10, 3:10pm
Used to have 3rd party in the past, and had to deal with an insurance company after someone side swiped me changing lanes. What an absolute headache. Even though their client was at fault and admitted it, they still treated me like I was at fault, and basically just strung things out because they could. You are not their customer so there is no reason for them to be remotely helpful. Took a lot of chasing up to get my car repaired. For the few extra dollars for a comprehensive policy compared to the hassle of having to deal with an insurance company yourself, it is definitely worth it.