2013 Toyota Corolla Fielder 1.5G

neville48, Jun 10, 7:50pm
Are these any good or are they under powered slugs, manual or auto ? . Please comment.

aprilguy, Jun 10, 7:59pm
I have driven a manual one but with the bigger engine. It went OK but could not get a comfortable driving position with the steering wheel close to my knees. That one had some kind of steering fault making it hard to keep in a straight line on the highway. If you can drive it comfortably go for it but I couldn't and I am not that tall. If buying, I recommend the 1.8 so you can pass other cars properly.

msigg, Jun 10, 8:34pm
Well we have 2 x 1.8 fielders in the family, both excellent, one coming up to 220k the other 105k, total reliability,very economical, the 1.5 would be down on power over ours, maybe the gearing is a bit lower to compensate, best you test drive first and go from there.

suzgs750, Jun 10, 8:46pm
i have two 1.5 corolla wagons nz new in family,one a manual the other a cvt auto. both been owed from new manual 237,000kms cvt auto 189,000kms. no mechanical history for both, disc pads on auto only. great cars but i will say i prefer to drive the auto. fuel consumption between 15 to 19 kms per lit of fuel .

neville48, Jun 10, 9:03pm
Is the manual one very peppy to drive and can it carry 4 people still peppy enough. Is open road driving okay.

kazbanz, Jun 10, 9:09pm
l think it comes down to what you are used to. If you are coming out of a 2.5 or bigger then yep they will feel down on power. That shape ended in 2014 . Personally l don’t find them down on power but not an exciting .

trogedon, Jun 11, 12:21pm
It's fine. Manual means you can always find another gear - especially on hills.

suzgs750, Jun 11, 9:05pm
yes my manual goes very well and passing no problem,just use the gearbox and you will have no problems.

wayned, Jun 12, 9:45am
I had the 2006 1.8 manual, was good on power, change down and overtake whenever you want on the open road. Economy was only about 11kms per litre, so not great, was was better than the boring auto I had before it. I would think 1.5 would be fine, but not so great if you have a heap of hill work.

buyit59, Jul 27, 9:07am
I have a 2013 Corolla 1.5 s/w with CVT . It is used mainly for a Press home delivery round ( 700km a week ). I find it very economical carrying me and 700 copies of Saturdays paper . Dont have problem with performance ( other main driver is a V8 ) and if you want to be first away from the traffic lights move the auto lever in a manual fashion . It is better on fuel than our 2012 Toyota Yaris same 1.5 but normal trans . Been over the Christchurch Port hills few times with car full of people and no problems and yes you know its a 1.5 but you can still get a ticket in it . I service it regularly and do trans service every 40,000km . My daughter is buying it from me and I will replace it with same thing but later year and lower kms .