Choose a new car for my Missus

Page 4 / 4
intrade, Dec 23, 8:53am
talking about claustrophobic my 2007 passat is a wagon its 1 meter wide by 75 cm opening on the huge station wagon tailgate. my 1996 punto fiat is 115cm wide by about 90 cm high . I am current modify my toolbox as i cant open the lid in the huge mother passat . So why is that well there is 16 or more airbags and all need room. room you dont get to use and its like 2 times the size on outside to my 96 punto .
this is it 1 meter wide and 75 high. its like a antitardis.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/12/58/c31258cb60a949da5b3e89a1d50604bf.png

kazbanz, Dec 23, 9:03am
yendor we have recently been driving the Lexus CT200h.
I didn't expect a lot of a drivers car based on euro reports.
But we have been VERY pleasantly surprised.
Mechanically pretty much a 1800 Toyota Prius but so much nicer to look at and really nice to drive.
I wouldn't exactly call it sporty but it is a good mile eater and it does handle pretty nicely when driving at or near the nz speed limit

yendor, Dec 23, 9:53am
I am wondering why manufacturers don't use noise canceling technology like you can get in headphones?

3tomany, Dec 23, 10:38am
Ford do but not in all models so you need to ask the dealer if this is included if it is important to you. If the escape was to big did you try the Puma, my neighbour just got one and recons it is awesome. I am yet to drive one, so going on third party opinion.

sw20, Dec 23, 10:46am
I just sold my late father's NZ New IS250 Ltd and bought mum a NZ New CT200H Ltd. Wonderful little riding and handling car. Full leather plus all the Lexus options. However it's the slowest thing I've ever driven. Even my 31 year old Corolla FX-GTV would chew it up and spit it out. She has the 300hp V8 SC430 if she wants a bit of performance.

s_nz, Dec 23, 11:37am
Yeah, they do have that reputation. Same power-train as the Prius, but lugging around all the heavy lexus luxury stuff, like powered luxury seats, heaps of sound deadening etc.

tygertung, Dec 23, 12:01pm
When I was doing my aircraft engineer training back in the day (2003), they were talking about Airbus putting that technology in the cabins to make it quieter. Surely that sort of technology would have filtered down to cars by now?

tygertung, Dec 23, 12:09pm
FX-GT are quite high performance, so no wonder it s faster. FX-GTV is lighter so even faster than a FX-GT.

sw20, Dec 23, 1:31pm
It's not a slow car with 100kW & only 1020kg of mass to move, but it's not high performance in 2020.

yendor, Dec 23, 4:51pm
Yeah, we did try the Puma, great car but just a bit small.

jesus2000, Dec 23, 5:14pm
Up close with a wide angle lens doesn't do them any favours as it distorts its lines.

https://flic.kr/p/2hHtXVg

3tomany, Dec 23, 6:09pm
That is why i have not driven one as it would not be something i would buy due to size.

toenail, Oct 6, 5:54pm
Yes CT200h is a bit gutless and the ride is not very Lexus quality in terms of suppleness. However, the interior is better than plastic fantastic Prius but not that much more expensive with the same drive train.