VOLVO V50 Petrol,91 or 95?

vintage01, Jul 19, 7:49pm
Park lights,not going on left side front,2 different bulbs,with current WOF,and wondered if its a euro thing,just bought car is there a switch that isolites for maybe o/nite roadside parking,like trucks have

poppy62, Jul 19, 7:59pm
Higher the octane the better. There is a provision for night parklight on some models. Check the owners manual on google.

macman26, Jul 19, 8:09pm
Saw 1 car with park lights on you move the indicator stalk to the side you want illuminated. After reading the manual found out it was by design.

gragra1, Jul 19, 8:11pm
95/98. Higher the better.

tamarillo, Jul 20, 12:42pm
Standard v50 will take 91 and no advantage to higher, unless it’s turbo model in which case 95.
Yes park lights feature is controlled by indicator stalk.

vintage01, Jul 20, 2:02pm
Thanks for your help

intrade, Jul 20, 5:11pm
cars are not specifically made for 91 when only backwards and 3th world country's have 91 still for sale.
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/manuals/v40/2015-early/starting-and-driving/fuel/fuel---petrol

vintage01, Jul 20, 8:31pm
tamarillo,please xplain park light controlled on indicator stalk,thanks

sw20, Jul 20, 9:30pm
Right hand rear park light will remain lit if you leave the indicator in the right position when you turn off the car. If you want left park light lit, leave indicator in left position.

marte, Jul 21, 6:29am
My Audi does that too, but it illuminates the front white position lamp as well as the seperate upper red rear bulb.
It also let's a alarm beeper sound once you take the keys out if the indicator is not in the centre position, but once the doors closed, it stops.

I'm changing the rear Red Fog light to LED soon. Maybe the front position lights too. ( I think that's legal. NOT the actual headlights )
I put in a white LED reversing light with a backing beeper built in, in for safety too.

blueviking, Jul 21, 6:47am
Your handbook should say 95. Especially the 2.4ltr. 98 is better.Is it the 5cyl.

vintage01, Jul 21, 9:08am
Yep 5 cylinder non turbo

blueviking, Jul 21, 6:54pm
Good motor. will do around 8.6ltr per 100k's if it's the 5sp auto which I have atm.Cheaper on a trip than the wife's 1800 corolla and way more comfy.

tamarillo, Dec 19, 12:40pm
As above though some only work on a left indicator setting left rear on which is hopeless!
These engines are as used in states on 91.