The DC ute + SUV grab

Page 2 / 3
bigfatmat1, Jun 5, 3:25pm
Lol someone telling people what they don't need and what they should have. Safety being a reason. Then recommends a van. Where's my popcorn. People can buy and have what they want and drive whatever they want or see practical for themselves. I got heaps of stuff I don't need but buy it cause I want it.

absolute_detail, Jun 5, 3:31pm
Lol ats are not going to get you far in a 2wd van when its bellied out, Have you actually tried to get a van anywhere off road? My l300 is ok its a proper 4wd with decent ground clearance, mud tyres and low range, just that its a gutless old 4d56 means it doesnt get used.

As for loading anything in them its a pain compared to flat deck ute, I just drop on whatever I want on it with out having to worry about damage, and then can just drive in the workshop and unload it with the over head gantry

absolute_detail, Jun 5, 3:32pm
hahahaha, 79 land cruisers are the biggest piles of shit out there

tygertung, Jun 5, 5:47pm
Yes but we are not talking flat deck utes here, we are talking about those terrible high shitty 4WD utes with a tiny tray on the back.

joanie32, Jun 5, 6:20pm
I chose a new station wagon instead of a double cab Ute for a company vehicle 18 months ago.

It was a bad choice, I’m constantly wishing I still had a Ute to throw things in the back that either won’t fit, or are too grubby to be put in the station wagon.

A double cab Ute is the only vehicle that really suits my needs.

absolute_detail, Jun 5, 6:21pm
christ you are a moron, they are the same thing, unbolt the well side and ft the flat deck

tygertung, Jun 5, 6:22pm
Thank you for the kind words. It makes me feel warm inside to know there are such polite people on this message board.

joanie32, Jun 5, 6:25pm
And unless you tow a trailer all the time, it’s guaranteed you will have a need for it when it’s parked up at home.

Trailers in general are a PITA

tsjcf, Jun 5, 6:29pm
Even the wellside utes have more useable load space then wagons.

tygertung, Jun 5, 6:34pm
Maybe, but a wagon+ trailer combo?

annie17111, Jun 5, 6:37pm
but towing a trailer around all the time is annoying.

sr2, Jun 5, 6:38pm
I have to say I'm always amused by theses threads and the rabid "anti ute" brigade they always attract.

The simple reason utes sell so well and keep their value is that the majority of punters out there simply like owning and driving them.

It's a classic case of let the market decide, and the market has already spoken!

gph1961, Jun 5, 6:43pm
woof woof (snarl)

joanie32, Jun 5, 6:48pm
I find it a bit concerning that the haters of DC utes seem to have a fascination about the size of other males penis.

Every time there’s a reference to it.

tsjcf, Jun 5, 7:01pm
Why would you tow a trailor when you dont need to. I had wagons before SUVs and DC utes nobody is going back to them.

aarontp, Jun 14, 3:59pm
I had two barn door iloads on a yard a couple of years ago. Kiwi tradies didn't wan't them - they used the usual tailgate as a cover in the rain!

aarontp, Jun 14, 4:01pm
So much this. Not to mention a bit of jealousy too. Who cares what other people drive - as long as they are happy.

stevo2, Jun 14, 5:06pm
Agreed, barn doors are a waste of time for us Tradies. Some of them you cant even open them with a trailer on.

vivac, Jun 14, 6:09pm
Just gotta remember to stand to the side when you close it or you may as well have stood in the rain.

blueviking, Jun 14, 6:33pm
And don't forget, that round Auckland now, nearly every 2nd street has speed mountains, that you can't drive over very easily in your van. Hit 1 bump a bit fast and you rearrange everything in the back of your van, including paint

likit, Jun 14, 6:52pm
I’m not for or against utes but, as a truck driver doing 600 kms a day I don’t see a lot of utes loaded up & being up high I can see into most of them.
I do see a lot of families in the DC utes & feel sorry for the ones in the back with bugger all leg room.
I have a V8 sedan to pull my boat & have never required 4wd however, if people want a ute it is there choice to have one

annie17111, Jun 14, 7:39pm
have you sat in the back of a double cab ute? I went in the back of ours yesterday and there was enough leg room, I'm 173cm tall so not that short.
It was really handy going up into the kaimais and taking all our stuff that we needed.

m16d, Jun 14, 7:40pm
Double cab diesels have to be the most practical thing out there. you've got 5 seats, a humungous boot to chuck all the stuff in, and it'll still give you less than 8 liters/100 on the southern expressway doing 110 to 120 kph.
Try that with a station wagon towing a trailer.

likit, Jun 15, 5:10pm
Yes a mate has a Ranger, bloody cramped. 173 is not tall, might be for a woman.

likit, Jun 15, 5:11pm
When you got a V8 pulling the trailer you don’t give a f**k about fuel consumption otherwise I would go electric & that will never happen.