The DC ute + SUV grab

Page 3 / 3
annie17111, Jun 16, 1:37pm
we have a V8 as well and because of the way car trailers are made, V8 is too low to tow it. And it's handy putting all the tools we need for the cars in the back of my ute and towing the car on the trailer. Can't see an ev being able to do that.

tygertung, Jun 16, 2:46pm
I never see plumbers or electricians using those rubbish double cab utes. they always use vans.

annie17111, Jun 16, 3:20pm
our local electrician has a double cab ute. Local plumber has a van but a safer one without the flat front.

houseofdad, Jun 16, 3:46pm
Just because you are a dwarf lolol the government already panelising such utes with increased taxes on new ones, keep up!

tygertung, Jun 17, 8:35am
Maybe, but usually electricians have a van full of supplies, Shelves down either side of the van and then also the floor is usually well covered with gear as well.

alowishes, Jun 17, 9:32am
Two lots of rego and WOF plus not as easily manouvred as a ute by itself.

(Gotta love those that want something banned just because it allegedly annoys them - I bet if something THEY enjoyed was banned the screams would be heard as far away as Aussie!)

alowishes, Jun 17, 9:34am
Local builders (several) and plasterers use them.

But I guess they’re not ‘rubbish’ ones. (Whatever defines a rubbish ute would be nice to know)

tygertung, Jun 17, 9:59am
Rego is like $20 a year for a trailer and WOFs are real cheap too.

stevo2, Jun 17, 5:58pm
As a builder, I can say that utes are crap for work. They're ok for the boss that drives around all day and doesn't need to work out of them.
All chippies that I know that have a ute admit they aren't great for work but they want to look cool in the weekends.

annie17111, Jun 17, 6:02pm
the annoying thing I find is that everything put in the tray goes forward and hard to reach. I've now got containers anchored so everything stays where I want it too. Didn't buy it to look cool tho, I'm nearly 40 so too old for that shit.

gazzat22, Jun 17, 7:10pm
Yes but they dont look as Macho as a ute with wide chromed mags with wide tyres and heaps of pinstriping. !

bigfatmat1, Jun 18, 7:13am
oh look spot the labour supporter. Telling people what they should be driving.

harm_less, Jun 18, 7:23am
Put seats in your van and you're up for paying FBT. That's the whole point of buying a DC ute, to avoid FBT. https://www.ird.govt.nz/-/media/project/ir/home/documents/forms-and-guides/ir400---ir499/ir409/ir409-2019.pdf (p.10)

tygertung, Jun 18, 11:27am
A DC ute has seats though?

annie17111, Jun 18, 5:55pm
Was thinking about this on my drive home and if people choose to drive a DC ute when they dont need one then they are a bit short sighted.
Servicing is more expensive, tyres cost more, harder to park, ruc chargers are expensive, rego is more, higher intial cost price.
If I could do everything I needed with a station wagon, then I would of bought one instead.

harm_less, Jun 18, 6:10pm
If you'd bothered to read the IRD link above you would have seen:

"3.The exclusive design of the vehicle must be to carry goods, or goods and passengers equally. If the vehicle is designed mainly to carry passengers, it won’t meet this requirement.Vehicles that may qualify:
•Utes (including extra cabs and double cabs).
•Light pick-up trucks.
•Vehicles with rear doors that are permanently without rear seats such as vans, station-wagons, hatchbacks, panel vans and four-wheel drives. This also applies if the rear seats have been welded down or made unusable because of a permanent fixture, such as shelving, covering the entire rear seat area.
•Taxis, including sedans and station-wagons (the rear seat requirement stated above doesn't apply to taxis)."

trackim, Jun 18, 6:34pm
So they're more expensive, tyres cost more, RUC charges are expensive,, rego is more, high entail cost etc etc = WE'RE ALREADY PAYING MORE TAX!

annie17111, Jul 23, 4:51pm
Yep exactly. Luckily for us we bought ours last year and will do us for a long time.