2006 Suzuki Swift - shuddering problem

Page 2 / 2
kiwi-anna91, Oct 25, 6:44pm
I did call the local Suzuki at the start about the shuddering to see if they could do a scan. They suggested the auto electrician (who I went to), because they didn’t seem to want a bar of it. I called the local Suzuki again after the coil pack replacement didn’t fix it, they said it’s best I just go back to that auto electrician. His only suggestion was it’s the spark plugs.

scuba, Oct 25, 7:01pm
Ask them to show you where the damaged wiring take a picture of it then ask if they could reccommend any competent technicians in the area.

carclan, Oct 26, 3:52pm
Is the fault temperature related? I think I would just book it in to Suzuki and let them deal with it.

trade4us2, Oct 26, 4:20pm
I have never met an auto electrician who is any use. One of them used an air chuck on the 6mm bolts on the spark plug cover, and broke most of the nuts out of the bakelite, leaving chunks of bakelite in the spark plug holes.He left a lead off a coil and said I needed new plugs after my mechanic had installed new platinum plugs.

kiwi-anna91, Nov 16, 9:53pm
After a lot of back and forth, the ECU was showing inconsistent faults and was replaced. They found it unusual because the symptoms weren’t consistent with ECU failures, however they sourced a second hand one for me and replaced it. I asked to not pay the bill straight away due to continually being okay for a few days and then failing. So far it’s been two weeks and no problems, so it seems as though it’s finally fixed. At last!

trade4us2, Nov 16, 10:20pm
Before buying another ECU, unscrew the lid and LOOK at the circuit board with a magnifying glass. There is almost certain to be one or more broken solder joints. It would cost 10 cents to solder it up.

kazbanz, Nov 17, 11:51am
Unless of course the very action of unscrewing the bolts and unplugging/replugging the plug was the action needed to re-establish a decent circuit

franc123, Oct 23, 12:53pm
DING.