Trailor insurance

bullfarmer2, Jan 17, 9:50pm
just wanting opinions/rough cost etc on insurance for private trailor insurance. Looking at insuring tandem trailor with crate (not new).

Cheers

differentthings, Jan 17, 10:03pm
I use AMI. 8x5 single axle and cage (about 2k I think). Can't really remember as I pay it yearly but around $56 from memory

s_nz, Jan 18, 10:22am
Get yourself a quote from one of the players. i.e:

https://www.state.co.nz/trailer-insurance

Also check your car insurance policy. Some cover low value trailers the car is towing. - Might not insure against the likes of theft though.

bullfarmer2, Jan 18, 10:45am
Yea I was more looking for theft insurance. Too many going missing. State isn't doing trailor insurance now apparently.

wind.turbine, Jan 18, 6:28pm
FMG cheapest every time, I have never ever ever got a broker to find anyone even close to FMG in fact some don't even bother if they know you are already with FMG as the just know they wont beat it

annie17111, Jan 18, 8:27pm
Our tandam car trailer insured for $5000, is $52 a year with fmg

tony9, Sep 26, 6:48am
Our single axle trailer is 100% covered by AMI as part of the car insurance. When we bought the trailer I called AMI to insure it and they said no need, it is already covered, even if someone borrows it.

From our car policy "You are covered for loss of or damage to any trailer you own, or any trailer that is in your care."