People movers in van category

lyrad, Apr 11, 8:28pm
Not sure if trademe devs read the forums to see feedback but if they do, can you please create a new category for people movers so they can be excluded from van searches? When I'm looking for a van I want an actual van, not a Honda Odyssey

gph1961, Apr 12, 7:20am
boo who

tygertung, Apr 12, 7:39am
A Honda Odyssey is a real van.

People mover and van are just variants of the same thing.

tamarillo, Apr 12, 8:41am
Nah, proper people movers are designed to do just that and only that. Lower, more car like, etc etc.
Then some small vans got turned into passenger vehicles.
Like a hot hatch is not a sports car.

stevo2, Apr 12, 9:29am
Completely agree. I'd been looking for a new Tradie van a while back and all my searches included Odyssey's MPV's Kia Carnivals etc.
The other thing that would be handy is a check box so you can just search the brands you want and not the brands you're not interested in (the same goes for cars).

franc123, Apr 12, 10:12am
If you are looking in the cheaper end of the market, TM are probably doing you a favour. Converting a safer, nicer to drive people mover thats got a half decent roof height into a goods van is often the way to go instead of shelling out thousands for someone elses dangerous and stuffed old L300, Hiace, Bongo etc.

franc123, Apr 12, 10:19am
An Oddity is neither of those things, it's not a van and it's not really a proper people mover either. It's a wagon with extra seats.

kazbanz, Apr 12, 3:16pm
Actually they don't need to. The choice is already there (for dealers at least) But some are looking to "cast a wider net"

lyrad, Apr 12, 5:41pm
Thank you for your sincere sympathy

lyrad, Apr 12, 5:46pm
Disagree, a proper van has decent height roof and minimal trim in the back to maximise available space for transporting goods. Something a courier or tradie would typically be seen in (the later may favour a Ford Ranger these days though haha).

People movers typically have a lower roof, seats and excess amount of trim in the back to maximise comfort for passengers.

Two different vehicles for different purposes.

s_nz, Apr 12, 8:51pm
Can use the number of seat's features to filter out passenger van's (both those based on commercial van, and people mover platforms.

kitty179, Apr 12, 9:16pm
Always smile at the term 'people movers'. By definition, any vehicle is a people mover!

tygertung, Apr 12, 9:54pm
That is a fair opinion.

Sometimes hardcore vans seem to have lots seats in them, and then you get those very large vans with oodles of seats, and they get called a "minivan"

kazbanz, Aug 22, 6:44pm
To make life more interesting. The current legislation has a tiny loophole that allows Vans with a certain number of seats to come in. So should a tradie unbolt those seats /seatbelts the van is back to original spec in NZ legally .