What's wrong with my Nissan Sylphy 2006?

tgray, Feb 1, 1:49pm
179k. 2000cc.
Every now and then whilst stationary, you touch the accelerator to go and nothing happens - just remains at idle speed, even when you put your foot down all the way. If I immediately turn engine off and then back on, it's fine for another few days.

intrade, Feb 1, 2:25pm
well depends on what trans it has.
Also if there is a tsb update or a relearn.
i hooked my idiag launch scantool with obd1 on a 90s cvt automatic nissan. Now the issue was not for what you have but when i loooked at special function i seen reset cvt . Now i did not do this since the cct was working and the car just random lost power . i proofed the problem is a wiring issue by graphing the mass airflow and the battery voltage . The instrument cluster also went blank at times . potentially 2 issues on the car So i said thats the problem but where the problem is can become quite expensive to find so far he did not deside to fix it and paid me for the diagnosis. I did tell him to look for a toyota with sparkplug wires 2000 to pre 2005

kazbanz, Feb 1, 2:26pm
is it 2000-2006 shape or 06-2012 shape ?

toyboy3, Feb 1, 2:41pm
I had a similar problem with a Nissan AD van replaced the electronic accelerator pedal with controller attached in the car cab with one from a tiida all fixed
Note the throttle is controlled with electronics not a cable

intrade, Feb 1, 2:47pm
i think restarting the car resets the volotile memmory till it worked it self in to the fault condition again. like having the dominos all fall and restating it puts a few dominos back up to fall later again.
otherwise pirate or shop with consult oem tool
and TSb for potential flash updates to fix issue.
https://oemtools.com/products/nissan-infinity/

muppet_slayer, Feb 1, 3:45pm
Sounds like this^^^

franc123, Feb 1, 4:40pm
Electronic throttle control system has to be suspect. Trouble is Nissan ECM's of the era being what they are (a bit slow and dopey) the malfunction may not be tripping a fault code. The only way to pinpoint it will be to run it on a scan tool and watch what the input data from the pedal sensor is doing,likewise the TPS data, and work from there. Unless by chance the ECM is crook it should show that one of those parameters isnt right.

tgray, Feb 1, 7:34pm
Newer 2006 shape. CVT.
Throttle body and accelerator peddle (all electronic, no cable) replaced so far.

kazbanz, Feb 1, 9:33pm
Haul the ECM out and clean all the connections inside the plug and the unit.

muppet_slayer, Feb 1, 10:34pm
check for dry solder joints if you can get to see the circuit board easily.

bigfatmat1, Feb 2, 8:18am
If its the direct injected vehicle they suffer pressure fuel pump failures. The on under the bonnet not the one in the tank. Can check data to confirm

kazbanz, Feb 3, 4:13pm
Its the 2006 Square shaped one. KG11 chassis with the Mr20de engine

tgray, Feb 3, 6:15pm
Yes the KG11 chassis and the MR20 engine.

tgray, Sep 18, 11:00am
Thanks for all the advice. I will post an update when I find out what was wrong. Still being assessed at the garage at present, cheers.