Mazda wagon

don1751, Oct 7, 6:03am
Looking at buying a 2008 Mazda wagon with 123,000 kays. It is quite a bit cheaper than those with under 100,000 kays. What is the downside if any of buying with these. kays. I do about 7000 kays a year. (I know it has suffered more wear than on with less kays but it should still last me a few years!) I bought my curreent car at 146,000 and have run it to 196,000 (a 98 Camry) and it has cost me a couple of tyres and a new radiator which isn't bad since it also was quite cheap compared to the lower mileage ones at the time. Is there a sweet spot milege wise based on cost v depreciation!

intrade, Oct 7, 6:11am
what mazda wagon! you wont find lower parts prices then for toyota from the japanese mazda will be few times higher in parts for geniuen.

don1751, Oct 7, 6:27am
2008 Mazda 6 gsx wagon (new shape) Giving toyota to daughter so I can update.

NZTools, Oct 7, 6:40am
At 7000 kms per year, it will probably last you for years with nothing more than general servicing being spent on it. As for the price of parts, that really is irrelevant if you dont need to buy them.

don1751, Oct 7, 7:14am
THanks. It is a nz new wagon with full dealer servicing history.

_peas, Oct 7, 7:27am
You mean like $1350 for a wing mirror for my Toyota Caldina!$570 for a driveshaft hanger bearing for my Toyota Caldina!

_peas, Oct 7, 7:30am
I've also heard that the new shape wagons are a step up in the weight stakes and the performance/economy suffers.The auto and 4WD's tend to be overly sluggish as well.I have no 1st hand experience in this but worth bearing in mind.

jane310567, Oct 7, 7:32am
I'm amazed how many k's ppl can do - was it a work car!

franc123, Oct 7, 9:28am
Then there is probably bugger all that can go wrong, if its got FSH and has done nearly all hot running it will go for years. You are also buying something thats well regarded in the market and you will get a reasonable price back when you sell. Its a total myth that Toyota parts are cheaper than anything else, apart from the fast moving stuff that they line price like cambelt kits, brake pads, filters etc the genuine stuff is often horrifically dear, sometimes comparable or even more expensive than premium euro brands.

maddog007, Oct 7, 9:38am
dont get the 2.0 ltr model mazda 6, its gutless. we have a 2010 one as a company vehicle & its not that good, dont even like the way it drives to be honest, even if it had more power. it feels so cheap & tinny compared to its main rival the mondeo.

franc123, Oct 7, 9:42am
Lol yeah it also doesn't pay to let pooch chew the pyrotechnic front seatbelts in your late model Prado either, $1100 a side thanks very much and no aftermarket alternatives available either.

gregmran, Oct 7, 5:41pm
We purchased a 2006 (facelift model) Mazda GSX with the 6 speed manual three years ago, at 154,000kms. The only issue has been the fuel pump. It had a full service history and we have kept up the servicing on it. It's now done 187,000kms and is still running fantastically. There has been no electrical issues whatsoever and seems to be very good value for money. (Purchased for $15,000 in 2009)

curlcrown, Oct 8, 7:00am
That's not a lot of km at all. We had one a few months ago done 220000km. it was a 2.5 GSX.

ceebee2, Oct 8, 7:19am
At least it wasn't idled around town. Obviously been used for open highway hot use. Will last really well with reg servicing. Go for it.