Mazda Premacy. Anyone got one looking at buying a 2006 sport

Page 1 / 2
macac, Feb 24, 7:36am
Anyone got one! Looking at buying a 2006 sport.

mugenb20b, Feb 24, 8:18am
I haven't got one yet, but I am looking at one as well. Sliding rear doors make life a lot easier as long as kids don't stick their hands in the way when you slide the doors shut. They are mechanically the same or at least similar to a Mazda 3 or Mazda 6. I haven't come across any Premacies with problems, good cars in my opinion. Try and get one that's got a FSH, and get a pre purchase inspection done by your local mechanic.

asa50, Feb 24, 7:34pm
+ for sliding doors and kids, saves a lot of stress in car parks

kazbanz, Feb 24, 7:40pm
I've only had dealings with old generation premacies that seemed to be "mehh" Apsolutely nothing wrong with them as a vehicle but they diddn't shine in any area at all. Now if the new premacy has the chain drive atenza/axella engine/box that could be a whole new kettle of fish.
Incidently macdacthe Toyota version of the new premacy is the Isis and the Nissan version is the Lafesta. Both same spec as the premacy -1.8/2.0l chain drive 7 seater autos with sliding rear doors.

macac, Feb 24, 11:33pm
Thanks.there seems to be only good reviews on web.they say nothing amazing but good soild with good features for very fair price. I think they look nicer than most 7 seaters.little more like a wagon/suv.But I have not seen one in real life just pics.Not sure what a FSH is! It comes with the 100 plus point AA check.

macac, Feb 24, 11:34pm
They do have chain drives not sure what that means though.

kazbanz, Feb 24, 11:43pm
macdac PLEASE ohh pleasedon't buy into that marketing ploy.--(The 100 point inspection).PLEASE get a FULL prepurchase inspection preferably by a reputable mechanic you know.
To clarify --that inspection is not and never will be a full mechanical inspection of the car.
Now the camchain thing--it means the car doesn't have a belt to replace at 100000km but it also means the car most likely has the newer engine tecnology for better power and fuel economy

macac, Feb 24, 11:56pm
Thank you kazbanz

macac, Feb 25, 5:19am
Oh FSH.=Full Service History.

macac, Feb 26, 7:34am
I do wonder what people who have one think of the doors!

outbidyou2, Feb 26, 7:40am
Another quality piece by Mazda, I've owned many rotarys with hassle free motoring, albeit most of them later models

outbidyou2, Feb 26, 7:41am
Well the rear doors on an rx8 certainly are'nt for the little lady expecting bubs

mugenb20b, Feb 26, 7:46am
She's looking at a Premacy, not a rotary powered RX8. Wake up!

mugenb20b, Feb 26, 7:47am
*facepalm*

macac, Feb 26, 7:47am
The side doors are electric sliding so interested to see what owners think of them.

mugenb20b, Feb 26, 7:47am
I love them, wife hates them.

mugenb20b, Feb 26, 7:48am
Yes, but there should be a manual override.

macac, Feb 26, 7:50am
What makes her hate them! Are you haapy with the car in the other areas! Middle seat in the middle looks a bit strange and not very comfortable!

horsepower7, Feb 26, 7:51am
they are expensive to fix, well mpv ones are 600 buks for whole door motor, eeekkk

outbidyou2, Feb 26, 7:51am
ahh you got it mugen2bob, it was tongue in cheek reply to macac's post.
Lighten up pal

mugenb20b, Feb 26, 7:57am
I'm still looking at buying one.just haven't quite decided yet.it's a wee bit too small for us. And, I haven't tried sitting in the back seat because, I'm not planning on being a passenger any time soon ;)

My wife hates the sliding doors, because our kids used to put their arms / hands / fingers / limbs in the way when we used to shut them on our old car. That never bothered me, as I just warn them to keep their hands to themselves.

macac, Feb 26, 8:02am
Cheers mugenb20b

kazbanz, Feb 26, 9:35pm
um by the way --the auto doors SHOULDhave pressure sensors so they reverse if theres resistance. Also all/any doors in jap imports must be able to be operated mcompletely manually so if the gizmo's stop working the doors will still open and close normally

macac, Feb 27, 8:03am
Good to know.Kazbanz

macac, Oct 13, 7:38am
FYI have had mine for 5 months love it.love being able to open the doors as I walk up to the car.GREAT on wet days. A very good choice. Wish I'd had it when my kids were tiny.