Vapour lock in a Mazda 1991 Wagon!

chch_returnee, Nov 25, 9:50pm
Plays up when motor is hot . trouble starting or just dies. Almost like there is a fuel block, been and had it looked up BUT of course behaves while at the "doctors".

Someone suggested a possible vapour lock. After doing a bit of google it does seem possible that could be the issue.

Does anyone out there want to help me problem solve this!

PS. Booked into the "doctors" for a fuel filter replacement on Monday

mm12345, Nov 25, 11:36pm
I very much doubt it's vapour lock.More likely a faulty sensor, MAF or something else the ECU might change mapping for when the engine's hot.
Could also be faulty plug leads.These can fail and arc through the long plug that goes down into the rocker cover, very hard to see but look very closely for signs of arcing on the surface of the plug connectors.If faulty, they'll commonly cause serious missing when the engine's hot. Unlikely to be the fuel filter either, as that's going to cause problems hot or cold, but probably a good idea to change it anyway.

ginga4lyfe, Nov 25, 11:42pm
could be nything as mm12345 says, even a bad fuel pump or fuel pump regulator could be the problem, maybe even a air idle control valve

intrade, Nov 25, 11:59pm
what exactly is it mazda are a nightmare for parts nothing fits the same car of the same year 5 differwent mass airflow meter and mazda have no parts and if then at outragous prices . i would not pump to much money in to a 90s mazda if its a fuel problem remove the intake and fit a carburettor or scrap the car and dont buy a mitsubishi after these are worse then the problem you have with mazda

mugenb20b, Apr 9, 5:42pm
What model Mazda, 323, 626! Is the engine carburetted or efi!