Nissan Liberty 2001 or Mazda Premacy 2002

trish1979, Nov 29, 8:05am
Help

we are undecided on which car to buy we need a car with a bit of room thats not going to cost the earth to run.

we are currantly a family of 3 but want to make it 4 soon.

Both cars have the same kms on the clock but the nissan Liberty 2001 is the QR20DE engine with the CVT Auto.

The Mazda is a 1800cc engine with a auto trans. Not sure of engine code. Would like your opionion on what you would choose between the two and or pros and cons

Thanks

mugenb20b, Nov 29, 8:39am
You are buying cars which are 10 years old, don't do it. If you are spending "big" money, save up a bit more and buy the '06 shape Mazda Premacy, it's a million times better than the '02.

kazbanz, 2 days, 20 hours
Trish to be totally honest with you I wouldn't buy either vehicle.
The Premacy is an ok vehicle with no real vices or mechanical issuesbut on EVERY front its just average. .
By that I mean its fuel economy is no better than a Honda Odyssey (for example) Size wise its at the cramped end of the scale interior room wise.And it doesn't even have the saving grace of sliding rear doors.
The capper for me is that it has a cambelt -on its own not a dealbreaker but $700 for a new one when the car has done 100000km is still a factor.
Unless there is a MAJOR price incentive you can do a whole lot better.
The Nissan is ok fuel economy wise and does have sliding doors which is a godsend but unless you have a GOOD warranty on the CVT tranz I'd be a bit nervous.

A couple of alternatives to concider --if the same size then look at the Honda Stream 2.0l
If you think hey why not a bigger car if its costs the same to runthenlook at the 2.3lodyssey. You may not buy one but they do set the benchmark when it comes to people movers. Ie they really got it right first time with the layout and room.