Rear view mirror for toyota corona hatch 1985

mrsdoubtfire, Sep 15, 9:14am
just wondering if anyone could suggest a place we could find replacement mirrors for one of these old toyotas, we have tried japanese auto wreckers here in dunedin without any luck, the car obviously isnt worth much but we dont want to give up on it yet lol, warrant is due so we need to find one if at all possible, any suggestions would be great, thanks.

mrsdoubtfire, Sep 15, 8:13pm
thanks for that, darn it I have now realised its not the rear view mirror but the outside ones, the side mirrors, sorry

a.woodrow, Sep 16, 4:02am
if it is just a broken glass and the wing mirror itself is ok, see someone like smith and smith, they may be able to cut another mirror glass for you. alternatively, if you have two wing mirrors and a rear view mirror you could remove the damaged one altogether, you have to have only two rear facing mirrors for wof

mrsdoubtfire, Sep 16, 4:24am
oh really, is that right! the passenger one is broken, the whole casing etc, the drivers side one is salvagable I think, mainly just the glass, its my sons car, and unfortunately someone decided to vandalise the mirrors, tried to break both but only succeeded in completely breaking one. Happened in the middle of the night while they were all asleep, hopefully we can get the drivers one fixed then and it might be ok for the warrant, I thought that if it had been there then it had to be replaced/in working order for the warrant!

drew2009, Oct 29, 12:53pm
smith and smith would charge you a huge amount for the priveledge, they are a rip off. and yes you should only need a drivers side door mirror and rear vision mirror in car, thats all the family mirage had and it always passed a wof. unless it has changed recently/