Speed cameras

Page 3 / 4
marte, Sep 16, 8:25am
I got "The bash" for that.

bigfatmat1, Sep 16, 9:06am
FFS 1: Kids don't go to school on sat and sun in nelson there was no sports that day my kids go to that school I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS there i live down the road
2: It's not a school zone
3: It's 2kmh over the posted limit
4: It's the bottom of a hill.

and I did know what speed I was doing 52kmph according to my gps and my speedo at the time I sited the camera.

Anyways who cares I got off the ticket so obviously the police took sides with me over the dishonest camera operator

weaver2010, Sep 16, 9:45am
Exactly the reason why you ask for a copy of the Operators Log!I am bbetting your letter of defence was a pearler.

crzyhrse, Sep 16, 12:48pm
You pay up because you're a sucker that's been conditioned to believe that by exceeding an arbitrary speed limit which did nobody any actual harm you're somehow a bad person.

weaver2010, Sep 16, 7:55pm
Normally I agree but in this case you are wrong!

By exceeding the arbitary speed limit you are driving outside of the boundaries set down as a condition of the granting of your permit to drive.Your therefore in Breach of those terms and conditions and like anything you breach the terms and conditions you get whacked for.

smac, Sep 16, 8:43pm
Playing devil's advocate slightly: you seems to be applying some kind of 'no harm, no foul' policy. Does this mean somebody embezzling from a company is not doing anything wrong, as long as nobody notices! i.e. is it the detection that makes it a crime! If not.I can't follow your reasoning.

I think speed policing in this country is incorrectly applied (ie wrong places, wrong times etc) however if they choose to apply it that way, and I am caught over the limit, I accept that I have breached the rules. Rules that I think are there for good enough reasons (explained above).

If I don't take this view, I am forced into admitting that it's OK for individuals to pick and choose which laws do not need to be followed. ie. you may think it's speed, but I think it's fraud.

Keen for your thoughts :)

scotty20001, Sep 16, 8:58pm
there needs to be a face palm icon for your logic, gullible drone number 2.

scotty20001, Sep 16, 9:01pm
next time i go for a drive i won't look at the road i will just look at the speedo the whole time, that seems to be what the biggot idiots at the nzta want you to do anyway.

friedturkey, Sep 16, 9:20pm
It maybe in a 40km limiti school zone.

smac, Sep 16, 9:49pm
Biggot! Quiet please, the adults are talking.

bigfatmat1, Sep 16, 9:50pm
it was not a school zone! what part of this are you lot finding so hard to understand. There are guide lines for school zones. This was a 50km/h area

My problem is not with me speeding but the placement of the camera. The bullshit description of the placement of the camera being so vague that those who did not see the camera would of suspected it being in a school zone. The description was in between saxtons road and quarintine road.
Which covers the complete length of Nayland road.

If the police want to issue tickets and want me to pay there is laws they need to follow the police/contractors should act within these laws as. Instead of being dishonest bastards taking advantage of the uninformed. Or people who are to scared to speak out or believe the police/contractors always operate within the law!

frytime, Sep 16, 9:53pm
???Driving at 50 km/h, you travel nearly 20 metres while reacting and moving your foot to the brake pedal; if a child was 20 metres from the car, you would still be travelling close to 50 km/h when you hit the child

a reaction time of 1 and a half seconds!

ozz1, Sep 17, 1:56am
hey. mat. maybe youre speedo drive is faulty!bwahhhhcan sell you one.oh. you live on a hill.slow down.

ozz1, Sep 17, 2:20am
oh.and i have passed one sittingoutside victory school at 5.30 am in the morning.quite regular for him to sit there.and then he moves 1/2 way st vincent streetandparks in front of a fewcars. but still hascoverage asthe cars zoom ! by. at 60kms @ 6.50 am.late for work!but. you never see him or the copsat any other timewhencarsgofkngscreaming past during the daylite hours!at speeds ranging from 80-100 kms.when the kids are about.it does my head in.

bigfatmat1, Sep 17, 5:57am
Did you think I was lost. Trying to give me directions home. I wasn't that drunk!

michael.benn, Sep 17, 6:48am
Wrong choice of words - I meant in the 1 lane portions on the thermal explorer/SH1 to Hamilton from Auckland.

morrisman1, Sep 17, 6:54am
yes that is quite probable for an inattentive driver. Reaction being as timed from when the child came into their visual range! Remember reaction time takes into account seeing, interpreting, deciding and acting.

As much as I would like to be able to say I have the reaction times of a ninja I think that if something magically appeared in front of me my reaction time would be quite similar.

nightsky1, Sep 17, 7:02am
.and you wonder why you keep getting tickets
who's the sucker again !
Speed all you like, just don't winge when caught.

jam19, Sep 17, 9:00am
photograph shows 1 metre short of the open road sign , coming out of a 50 k zone going into 100k zone. , i get pinged for going 71k , fine $170.why was i going 71k ! becausei wasdamn near talking to that sign , ithought it sensible to accelerate as i was going into a new speed zone. do i have a case anyone! apology if i am impinging on op.

bigfatmat1, Sep 17, 9:06am
1: Kids don't go to school on sat and sun in nelson there was no sports that day my kids go to that school I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS there i live down the road
2: It's not a school zone
3: It's 2kmh over the posted limit
4: It's the bottom of a hill.

and I did know what speed I was doing 52kmph according to my gps and my speedo at the time I sited the camera.

Anyways who cares I got off the ticket so obviously the police took sides with me over the dishonest camera operator

bigfatmat1, Sep 17, 9:17am
Why would a camera operator sit there I wonder. Hmmmmmmmm could it be meeting targets and getting bonuses. Or is it about showing numbers to the police minister Or would it be the police have a real concern for a safety. I bet the ticket does not stateexact location or the placement of a speed sign 2m away to the police when sending them off to the infringement bureau.

crzyhrse, Sep 17, 11:05am
And yet I don't get tickets. That doesn't mean I think it must be right though. Only an ignorant twit would draw such a conclusion from "it doesn't affect me so it must be right". Clearly that hat fits you snugly.

crzyhrse, Sep 17, 11:06am
You wrongly correlate 'sensible' with 'the law'.

_peas, Sep 18, 3:30am
Unfortunately not I am thinking.Common sense would say that you shouldn't be pinged.This is quite a good link regarding placement and use of cameras.Interesting to note that cameras are not to operate within 250m of a transition from a higher speed to a lower one.

http://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/services/road-policing/Speed-enforcement.pdf

crzyhrse, Sep 18, 3:40am
But only as a guideline.