Car rego. Does anyone know which rego i should use for my car as i am not going to be using it for at least another month and a

Page 2 / 2
crzyhrse, Sep 15, 7:40am
I say they're probably no better off doing that. If you ring three times you'll probably get three different answers.

richard198, Sep 15, 7:45am
Someone pays you for giving out false information!

kiwigal007, Sep 15, 7:46am
crzyhrse is correct. owene you really dont know your stuff about this(!)

weaver2010, Sep 16, 4:33am
Thats very true!

weaver2010, Sep 16, 4:35am
If you do this for a living you would have known it is now called the NZTA not LTSA.Guess if your not up to date on that bit information then your other information is well out of date as well.

bitsy_boffin, Sep 16, 4:40am
Well that's true, but when you put it on hold after that, it has to be on hold for 3 months or you're gonna back pay.

So you can't realistically licence for 1 day unless you only intend to ride/drive it 1 day every 3 months (I guess you could however buy 120 vehicles and rotate between them).

next-to-normal, Sep 16, 4:47am
it would be nice to be able to do a AP, to the ltsa for rego once current

weaver2010, Sep 16, 5:05am
I found a way around that although it was not for a day but 3 months and it is due to a cross over of hold periods.If you put it on hold for 12 months then after 3 months register it for a period then place it back on hold before that period expiresthe system recognises it as a continued hold period.

Probably not explained that very well but that was working on one of our vehicles even with just a 2 month hold period no back fees applied.Confused the hell out of the CSR at the NZTA when I phoned up regarding this as they tried to untie all the hold periods and paid periods.lol

crzyhrse, Sep 16, 7:29am
90 vehicles.

weaver2010, Sep 16, 7:41am
But that costs you to change ownership

owene, Oct 29, 6:08pm
Haha wait till 3rd party property insurance becomes compulsory on all motor vehicles. that'd keep you busy!