Clutch pedal noise.

bjdw, Sep 16, 6:53am
On the way home from work tonight I noticed the clutch pedal was making a noise when pressed in and when released.Hard to describe the noise, a funny squeak or noise like spring being stretched.It's a cable type clutch not hydraulic.Is it just a squeaky hinge that needs lube or is something funny happening to the cable!

Also, if the cable breaks, will the clutch be engaged or disengaged!

foxdonut, Sep 16, 6:55am
DId it change gear okay!

Mate had a Familia that made all sorts of noises but worked fine - it was catching on a bit of plastic stickking out of a floor mat or something like that.

bjdw, Sep 16, 7:01am
Yeah, it's working fine.

mileyfan73, Sep 16, 7:04am
Cable won't break.Common problem,especially in old work utes like Nissan Navaras etc.Try spraying some Siliconup under the dash on the spring mechanism,otherwise a mechanic may have to delve deeper into it to fix it.Not a major,just a nuisance!Clutch will keep working fine.

the_don_61, Sep 16, 7:23am
They do in vauxhall victors.real mother to replace. Cut hole in firewall is easy way .
my Nissan Navara hasa hydro clutch

bjdw, Sep 16, 7:41am
It's a 94 Sentra.Thanks.

marte, Sep 16, 7:59am
I had a huge loud squeal come from the gearbox once, pulled over & called up a guy.
We came to the conclusion it was a broken spring making its way out of the clutch plates.
I kept operating it till the noise stopped.
Later I noticed the pressure I needed to operate the clutch dropped & everthing was still Ok, so I guess thats what it was.

A loud scraping noise while slowing down is a faulty thrust bearing.

A wierd vibration that comes up thru the pedal & changes allmost everytime i pushed the pedal turned out to be a buggered spigot bearing (little bearing inside the clutchplate) on the first motion shaft (shaft sticking outta the gearbox) $10 part haha. Much sweating bricks for a while. Swapped da gearbox too as I couldn't replace the shaft for cheaper.

mugenb20b, Sep 16, 8:03am
Fixed.

bjdw, Sep 16, 8:31am
This noise is not very loud and definetly inside the cabin.

bjdw, Oct 29, 5:04pm
Cheers, will try some silicone.