Old falcon question!

stickey, Sep 22, 8:45am
XW XY era
Whats the difference between falcon, falcon 500, and falcon 600!

shazza541, Sep 22, 8:53am
about a hundred. na i duno

bexx13, Sep 22, 9:03am
I think falcon was the base model e.g vinyl flooring and rubber mats no radio etc, basically the poverty pack. 500 had carpets and a radio maybe a demister. And 600 maybe a step below fairmont and maybe a v8!

quickstitch, Sep 22, 9:05am
the 600 was a kiwi car, it had extra chrome body moulding and a few other differences

bubbles244, Sep 22, 7:45pm
My father had a 500 and grandfather had the 600.

basic trim and options etc, all though in saying that, the old mans was a floor shifted 302 windsor grandfathers was a column shift 351

sifty, Sep 22, 7:56pm
^^^ still got them.!

mike77, Sep 22, 11:58pm
Weren't the 600's a NZ only thing, a bit flasher.
Mind you back then couldn't yo order anything you wanted off the list! I wouldn't have a clue, back then I was still being strached whilst in dads purse.

lookoutas, Sep 23, 10:10pm
I'd forgotten there was a 600, and thought it might have something to do with the 6 cyl motor size - 3.6 or 4.1
Actually got excited at finding a tidy XW under a cover/under a tree just yesterday when we returned a customers car. It belongs to the ladies Moko who is in Aussie making big $'s, and it's not for sale. Bugga! Told her she knows where to find me if he changes his mind, and that it shouldn't be left like that for too long.
And it was a 600.

mrfxit, Sep 23, 10:55pm
Sadly. thats where it will probably stay, seen & heard of that many many times in THAT situation.

franc123, Sep 23, 11:30pm
Yep, and it either stays there forever and gradually disappears into the soil underneath it, or else one day they decide that the whole thing is beyond them or the property its on has to be sold and offer it for sale with the classic BS "haven't got the time to restore it" line, which translates into "I haven't got the money,knowhow, contacts, money, parts, equipment, money, skills, motivation, money, working facilities, money and fortitude to restore it but I still think its worth a fortune even though its a basket case"

mellisa2000, Sep 24, 4:00am
Indeed!

julian.walls, Sep 24, 4:20am
I thought 600 model was out prior to XW but during XP/XK days as NZ Markets top model- as the ultra rare Fairmont version was fully imported from Australia - In Bay of Island 20 years ago I saw one of those ultra Rare Ford Falcon Squires XK 1 of 902 produced (One with fake wood on the sides)

stickey, Sep 24, 5:31am
sounds like a nz only modelthis ones an xwgot extra bit of trim and stainlessone ownerits a minter

lookoutas, Sep 25, 12:26am
The tyres have already gone flat, so it's all starting. I will go back before next winter - after that that crap will be setting in.
It looks like a very good car from what I could see by lifting the cover discretely. And probably better than the money I had in mind spending/steeling it for.

lookoutas, Sep 25, 12:45am
Was talking to a mate last night, and he sez there was no such thing as a 4.1 XW - they were all 3.6

stickey, Sep 25, 5:18am
was told to look for 2 belt groovecrank pully and its a 250,the one im looking at is 3.6221ci

xacoon, Nov 16, 12:53am
thats right, 250 came out in the xy