V W Beetle. I amnot blonde ok lol but am looking at bying one of these this week i asked the seller if this has a cambelt and he

Page 2 / 2
satincurls_nz, Sep 18, 6:11am
I'm sorry, I hope I have caused an argument. I only asked a simple question and I really appreciate all the answers :-(

franc123, Sep 18, 6:17am
No of course not, there is always a degree of disagreement about most things, mostly when its gone off topic!Yes modern Beetles do indeed have a cambelt, will that do!

satincurls_nz, Sep 18, 6:53am
Thanks franc, that was simple :-)

bmwnz, Sep 18, 7:11am
I'm really worried. thejazzpianoma hasn't waded in here yet! Is he ill! Dead!

rovercitroen, Sep 18, 7:12am
He's still busy drafting his post.

shelleigh, Sep 18, 7:54am
OP I know someone who has had a modern VW Beetle for over 7 years and loves it.
I just wouldn't touch any VW from Asia or any that did not have full service papers.

fordcrzy, Sep 18, 8:02am
don't be so hard on him.it takes time to type up a 500 word essay on whether to buy a pulsar or not

satincurls_nz, Sep 18, 8:03am
Thanks shelleigh.

rjgmjs, Sep 18, 8:42am
The jazzman will probably advise you to buy a Fiat Multipla

mantagsi, Sep 18, 9:37am
Likewise, my '73 has a small amount of rust (none at all anywhere on the floor) and it is pretty damn good for its age. My 68 is rust free but thats a whole another story. The '73 is a daily driver but truthfully it is maintenance intensive but it is all simple easy stuff to keep it humming along. I can't think of anything that would break that I wouldn't be able to fix in an afternoon. Rather more maintenance and less breakdowns in an old beetle than vice versa in a new one!

shelleigh, Sep 18, 10:19pm
You're welcome - and it's a silver one too lol

shelleigh, Sep 18, 10:20pm
When I first read of them on here, I had to look them up as I'd never heard of them.
I don't think my eyes have recovered yet - sorry Jazz but they are seriously fugly!

satincurls_nz, Nov 7, 9:45am
And richard, thanks heaps to you to :-)