Used car - cambelt change always a good sign!

aboylikedave, Dec 15, 8:44am
Hi, I've seen a Honda Accord which has had a cambelt change along with balance belt and water pump on 91,000 km. Is this necessarily a good thing to have had done or could it mean that it was response to a problem which might have caused damage!

Cheers

thunderbolt, Dec 15, 8:46am
Nope, recommended change intervals are based on Km's travelled and time.

You may just have stumbled across a well serviced car.

jono2912, Dec 15, 8:46am
Pretty much like an oil change, it's just preventative maintenance.

ginga4lyfe, Dec 15, 8:46am
a Cambelt water pump and cambelt bearings are servicable items, they should be done every 5 years or 100,000 kms, so its a good thing to have been done

franc123, Dec 15, 8:46am
Highly unlikely, someones just carried out maintenance as it should be done I'd have thought.

neo_psy, Dec 15, 8:47am
What year Accord! Thunderbolt is right. We have a 2005 Galant with 35000km that will be getting a new cambelt shortly.

kazbanz, Dec 15, 8:50am
Its unlikely you are correct but its always possible. Why not ask to see the receipt for the work--thatll clear it up pretty quickeither whats on the receipt of the furtive response

aboylikedave, Dec 15, 9:36am
It is year 2000

jcwholesale, Dec 15, 11:38am
Yeah right give me a Tui. Kiwi's keep records. No they don't, Fact. If there is a sticker, likely it is done, most of the cars I get have have them done but no sticker so I have to say I am not sure. Slack Kiwi record keeping

shinra, Dec 15, 11:53am
well a cambelt change is routine and water pump on accords back to 4th gen on crapped out all the time so it looks all good