Guy hits oil spill at 150kmh

Page 1 / 2
pixieface11, May 21, 11:14am

ginga4lyfe, May 21, 12:23pm
All because Germany has such a good and advanced driving school. That's why he came away soo easy and scratch free

icemans1, May 21, 1:53pm
having a RWD car helps as well, i would say the car would have been history if it was FWD

ginga4lyfe, May 21, 1:56pm
Being an Audi, its either FWD or AWD, I dont remember any being RWD, I would suspect that he was driving one of the AWD ones, though i agree, he would have been history if it was Fwd

icemans1, May 21, 2:50pm
i don't know much about audi's, but as you say it might be AWD which would be easier to control than a RWD. i've had a RWD sideways at around 100k

timmo1, May 21, 4:02pm
Nah average kiwi trev driving with his kids, one hand rested in top of the wheel while fiddling with the stereo with the other would've been able to get outta that!

tortron, May 21, 5:42pm
watch me drift bro

ryanm2, May 21, 6:32pm
who films whilst they are driving!

whqqsh, May 21, 6:46pm
I hit a patch where a 4 litre can of grease had dropped off a truck & this was on my bike going a round a sweeper. I think I only stayed up by the fact that it all did the 'slow-motion' thing & I used to slide around shitloads in my younger days. I also clenched the seat that hard it nearly needed reupholstering lol

2lo4ho, May 21, 9:02pm
thats the identical situation to coming off the harbour bridge heading north in the wet. Dont change down and boot it on the easy right hand curve lol

skin1235, May 21, 9:23pm
he spent a loonng time with that second left lock on, very nearly didn't get it back, cool calm and collected maybe but I bet his heart was clicking max

scotty20001, May 21, 9:42pm
that was a Quattro B5 Audi A4, try that with your average CR-V driver in NZ and see what happens.

attitudedesignz, May 21, 10:30pm
That comes down to driver skill more than type of car. Do some research on driver license testing in Germany ( or most EU countries for that matter) and then you will see how rediculously easy it is to get a license in NZ with NO training at all.

michael.benn, Sep 25, 12:21am
Sorry for the bump, found this in my bookmarks ; what a nice save!

He's very lucky, but there's definitely the element of driver skill in that situation.

trogedon, Sep 25, 1:28am
"Portugal" not necessarily Germany.

wellabolla, Sep 25, 6:49am
Ok.ok.taking bets on what color his undies are now :)

sr2, Sep 26, 11:58am
Thanks for bumping, didn't see it 1st time around. Yes the driver strikes me as being an above average peddler.

cocabowla, Sep 26, 9:18pm
was watching a clip from pukekohe track in the wet from last week, bmw hit shiny patch at 180k on back straight went around like a spinning top. amazingly only a black mark on the bumper where it brushed against a tyre bundle during it

michael.benn, Sep 27, 3:26am
You can control oversteer in a FWD ! Do tell! :D

Everytime I've tried in my Accord I just end up sliding.

rsr72, Sep 27, 5:52am
A damn good driver.

morrisman1, Sep 27, 6:13am
haha, put your foot down and steer into the skid. Power on helps with the weight on each wheel, placing more weight on the rear wheels which give them more grip and it should come back into line.

pollymay, Sep 27, 6:26am
Lol I have gone past 90 degrees in the old honda then come back, wheels spinning forwards with the car going backwards. FWD are dead easy in a slide just point and keep your foot NAILED to the floor.

mgmad, Sep 27, 7:13am
Easy yes, intuitive no. FWD can be great fun on gravel with lift-off oversteer, but still not as much fun as RWD.

net_oz, Sep 27, 7:42am
Maybe, but what moron drives at 150kph!

mugenb20b, Nov 25, 3:08pm
CR-V drivers aren't stupid enough to drive 150km/h in the wet.or any other time for that matter.