Broken HYOSUNG HANDLE BARS :(

rusty_thomson, Oct 6, 9:25am
So I parked my Hyosung GT250R in the parking lot as I went to have a quick bite for dinner for about 20 minutes. I came back and it turns out some drunk idiot decided to push it over and then run away (according to someone who saw it happen).

So now the right handle bar has snapped off :( the right front indicator smashed, the right fairing and exhaust scratched and the right wing mirror slightly bent.

Does anyone know what my options are! Can I find a handle bar and replace it myself easily! Or is this a pro job that I need to take in and get them to fix! Am I looking at repairs around $800! Hopefully not :(

Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

treachug, Oct 6, 9:46am
Try Norjo Motors in main south road in upper riccarton & find out your options. You may be able to do it all yourself.they will advise you. I bought & fixed up a Hyosung bike last year that needed fairing parts etc & found them (Norjos) very helpful.

fryan1962, Oct 6, 6:35pm
Shame there are idiots around, handle bars should be easy to find at wrecker then everything is bolt on, I have not done myself, but do not see it as difficult

sifty, Oct 6, 6:58pm
Would like to snap things off dickheads who push bikes over.

kazbanz, Oct 6, 7:23pm
rusty--have you phoned hyusung NZ direct!You might be suprised at the prices.
Also stuff like mirrors and indicators can just have generic stuff slapped on to do the job-not pretty but functional

rusty_thomson, Oct 7, 2:58am
Thanks, took it in to NORJO today (been there once before, service was great) and they said they would have a look around and quote me on prices but said they shouldn't be too much which is hopefully a good sign

Thanks for all the help

bubbles52, Oct 7, 5:13am
insurance claim perhaps!

m16d, Dec 15, 3:44pm
Should be plenty of GT250R's at the wreckers.