Ok no laughing - Broken horn

pepper01, Jan 25, 8:12am
Can I fix it myself and if so how and where do i start.

fordcrzy, Jan 25, 8:16am
watch for finger.

lol

edangus, Jan 25, 8:16am
Fusebox

fordcrzy, Jan 25, 8:16am
seriously what car is it first

pepper01, Jan 25, 8:19am
Ha ha i knew someone would laugh. Its a mazda familia little nana car.

rednsr, Jan 25, 8:19am
Check the spare tyre on your peugeot 106gti.

jason18, Jan 25, 8:19am
Check fuses.

40wav, Jan 25, 8:20am
It's likely that the connection under the steering wheel is gummed up, BUT - start by making sure the horn itself still goes. Do this by running power to it. Probably easiest to remove it and use short wires accross the battery (earmuffs may be needed, they are fu@ken loud when they're that close). Or get someone to press the horn and check at the horn with a multi meter, may be easier. If none of that, remove your steering wheel and have a look at things there. Good luck.

40wav, Jan 25, 8:21am
Er, yes.this first.

henderson_guy, Jan 25, 8:26am
Reminds me, I had my horn stuck on once.117Db airhorns. Got afew fingers from people who thought it was directed at them

pepper01, Jan 25, 8:31am
omg remove the steering wheel that should be fun. I will have a look tomorrow. I can hear it clicking but no horn noise. If all else fails i will give it a kick. Thanks people I really am none the wiser but I can pretend.

edangus, Jan 25, 8:37am
Could just be connection to horn under the bonnet. Or it could have pooed itself (the horn that is) cheap as chips for a second hand one.

fordcrzy, Jan 25, 8:44am
when you push the horn you can hear the relay clicking in the engine bay!

johnf_456, Jan 25, 8:50am
I've had that one before with my mother a long time ago, dad and I were like we can hear some . driving around around the area with the horn going whata. we thought. Then it gets closer and soon enough ends up in the driveway.

andy61, Jan 25, 8:52am
My dad had the same problem with a Laser(same as Familia),it was the horn behind the grille,common fault.

saturn51, Jan 25, 9:03am
You can always get someone to depress the horn buttonand belt the horn with a hammer handle a few times.This can free up the contacts.

granada, Jan 25, 12:51pm
Try checking the horn first as its the easiest thing to get to. Also its out there in the weather and more likely to be stuffed or have a bad connection.

I once did a clutch on a female friends car, and connected the horn to the left hand indicater while I was underneath, Upon completing the job I told her to drive around the block to test the clutch and turn left at each corner she came to ,

jash3, Jan 25, 1:43pm
sounds like a faulty horn try another first before you replace it.

wilgil, Jan 25, 8:22pm
The horn will have a little screw adjuster on it - give it a fiddle while someone holds the horn switch. Spray CRC into it as well.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 25, 8:25pm
Very easy to test and trace the actual problem. But I feel it's beyond you. So you can either start throwing parts at it or take it to someone who can test for power etc.

kazbanz, Jan 25, 9:53pm
pepper-- Open bonnet --look for horn down front by the grill.
unplug the horn from the wires.
Undoo 1x 13mm nut holding horn bracket in place.
remove horn
Drop horn on the ground a couple of times (no Im not being funny)
run power to the horn from your battery to see if it works
If not go to repco/supersheep/your local auto electrical supplier with the horn and ask for a new one.-reversestep 1 and 2

mber2, Jan 26, 4:14am
Just stick your head out the window shouting "GET OUTTA THE WAY"