New Speed van Hiding place

Page 2 / 2
rocker_553, Oct 8, 8:39pm
Always been tempted to have a spare "SPEED CAMERA AHEAD" sign in the boot of my car for just such an event. Make them wonder why they had no hits all day if I did!

crzyhrse, Oct 8, 8:43pm
Did my post go over your head!

crzyhrse, Oct 8, 8:44pm
Nah, she makes them - he just obeys them.

weaver2010, Oct 8, 9:46pm
Now I re read your reply added sarcasm to the qoute and then returned to the same thinking process that we seem to concur on quite a few times yup it did.lol

johnf_456, Oct 8, 9:52pm
We have them everywhere on Auckland motorways for speed camera vans its a growing trend.

wrong2, Oct 9, 12:12am
another van on a straight piece of road

must be dangerous eh!

weaver2010, Oct 9, 2:22am
If your observant and know the section of road you would be able to list the dangers.I can think of 5 straight away which also dictated why its speed limit is not 100kph.

wrong2, Oct 9, 2:30am
lol heres your tui

weaver2010, Oct 9, 2:41am
Guess what, an attitude like yours is the reason the thing has been placed there.

That plus the 4 crashes requiring the emergency services in a few years where travelling faster than 80kph was a factor.

So your welcome to come and collect that Tui from me anytime you like!Speights Bar right opposite the camera van ;)

klrider, Oct 9, 6:51pm
Got control of your roght foot!

helpless, Oct 9, 10:28pm
Z nails are too big.could be dangerous for the mower guys. Try some gang nails chopped up into small squares.

Of course I don't condone this behaviour,,I'm just thinking of keeping real workers safe.

richardmayes, Oct 9, 11:42pm
Was a beautiful day for a Sunday drive yesterday. And no speed camera fines here.

So happy!

bazza20, Oct 10, 5:14am
theres an old sayingif you dont want to do the time dontdo the crime

johnf_456, Oct 10, 5:15am
Very true but some would rather moan about it

movnon, Oct 10, 1:31pm
theres two or three spots the revenue collectors park near Ngahinaouri (sh 39). one is completely hidden behind a roadside bush (with limited life!) totally obsructed from view to northbound on a staedy decline.a real easy place to to inadvertantly pick uo enough speed to be pinged, another is on a lh bendSth with roadside trees semi obscuring the exit. In the village (70)limit)a speed camera sometime s parks without parklights on which seems to be a non standard mode of operation. THereare a lot of double judder no passing line on this section of busy road, & IMO the drivers who cross these line are the dangerous speeders who should be targetin a more high profile campaign - speed + failure to keep to the left- a sure fire equation for serious headons, (the old big vanswith the white vents on the roofs are back too!

weaver2010, Dec 23, 10:05pm
I noticed a couple posters thinking this is a moan thread.well maybe I did use the wrong icon.

Unless your actually passing through the township the chances of you gettingzapped by this camera are actually pretty low.But it is those that are zapping through the township ignoring the 80kph limit that have and are causing the problems that put this camera in place.

That is where you speeding problems are the blatant ignoring of a reduced speed limit because it interferes with you 100kph Journey for a short inteval, same thing happens with uncontrolled roadworks.

One the reason I think this is a token gesture is that the faster moving traffic does not mix witht he slower moving traffic going into the main part of the township, junction and service station.Thats why there have been so many accidents!
Getting vehicles to slow down will reduce the risk!And thats why the camera vans appear.A better road layout would help!