Full motorbike license

lorollaz.inc, Oct 9, 9:24am
looking at getting my full bike license soon.
can i do it on a 125cc auto scooter!
will this restrict me to an auto bike!
i have borrowed a motorbike helmet,is it meant to have some kind of safety sticker!
id hate to go and get declined for something silly,any other suggestions would be helpful.

ninja_man, Oct 9, 9:34am
they dont usually check helmets, just make sure its a full face one. yes you can do it on a 125 scooter, no such thing as an auto bike, so once you get your full licence you can ride anything.

buyme3, Oct 9, 9:41am
yes some scooters do come out in auto

crzyhrse, Oct 9, 9:51am
You can do it on any motorcycle - that is to say the vehicle must be registered as a motorcycle not a moped. There's no such thing as a 'scooter' for the purposes of registration.

smac, Oct 9, 7:09pm
Wait until next year and the test will be easier/shorter.

kazbanz, Oct 9, 7:41pm
OP by the tone of your questions I must ask. exactly what bike licence do you currently hold!

fryan1962, Oct 9, 9:03pm
My concern is with your questions.Some silly sticker hello.that sticker says Helmet is approved to save your skull on impact with the ground for the sake of saving a couple of hundred dollars
You want to sit your full licence on auto scooter to make it easier I understand that, just make sure you know how to operate motorbike before riding one

I read few months ago guy in america riding home from protest ride about helmets crashed and died they said helmet helmet would have saved his life.some people need saving from themselves

fryan1962, Oct 9, 9:04pm
Can you confirm this ! I thought I read they were going to make it harder

smac, Oct 9, 10:59pm
Press release somewhere.restricted harder/longer, full shorter.Theory being it's the restricted that lets you on the road alone, so that's where the emphasis should be.

a.woodrow, Oct 9, 11:07pm
! learners lets you on the road alone!

smac, Oct 9, 11:52pm
lol.yeah good point. The justifications to the changes related to car licences.but happen to apply to motorcycles as well. I guess for the class 6 you replace "able to drive alone" with "able to ride any bike".

vic33, Dec 22, 10:54am
Go to the kiwibiker website. It has excellent information on getting bike licences and what to look out for etc.