"good and bad cars to buy"

janejet, Nov 13, 3:54am
It's hard when car hunting as most makes of cars seem to all have some kind of problems. the typical don't get a euro (I've had 6 and can't complain about them), don't get a mitsi, don't get anything airbagged, don't get this don't get that.

so what cars can be recommended!

socram, Nov 13, 4:14am
If you are not really biased, just draw up a shortlist, drive them and see what you think. Realistically, few modern cars are truly bad when it comes to reliability.

For me, it is Euro because they seem to have more feel and the suspension, steering and roadholding are very much more to my liking than Jap.I haven't bothered trying Korean or Chinese because they just don't appeal at all.

Probably having had BMC/Leyland/Rover/Land Rover/MG/Mini continuously for the last 48 years, never having had a bad one, I see no reason to change.Its all personal.

stinkydog1, Nov 13, 4:19am
the good car to buy is the cheap one nothing wrong with mitsi's ive had my little 1.5 lancer (AKA tongan torpedo) for quite a while great little run around for me

mugenb20b, Nov 13, 4:22am
Depends on what kind of car you're after, a small car, big car, 4wd, ute, van.etc. And your budget.

n3d4sp3d, Nov 13, 5:02am
mitsi lancer toyota carolla mazda 3, 6 all reliable and cheap to fix if any thing does go wrong or just general mantainence as are very common

franc123, Nov 13, 5:04am
Car hunting needs to start with a thorough assessment of what your needs are going to be for the period you are wanting to own it for, this is where people stuff up and it can blow the budget if a different vehicle needs to be bought after a short time.They find something they like the look of and buy it without assessing their needs properly.You need to be asking where and how far will it be driven on most days, how many passengers do you need space for, do you have a dog or otherwise need to transport other animals, how much boot space do you need, will it need to tow a trailer, boat or caravan, is offroad ability actually needed or just desired (theres a difference), could having a diesel be an advantage!Once you've sorted that out then you can start looking at specific models that fit your budget and doing research on what goes wrong with them.

r.g.nixon, Nov 13, 5:22am
I want something economical, 50+mpg, that can seat 6, do 250km/hr, is about the size of a mini, and can tow a 5 tonne trailor.

nz2293, Nov 13, 5:27am
anything with a wankel

carstauranga001, Nov 13, 5:33am
Production of that model is due to start in 2055 and expected to retail at around $20 million

stevo2, Nov 13, 6:36am
Fiat Multipla

trdbzr, Nov 13, 6:46am
VX V6 supercharged auto Calais

owene, Feb 27, 3:02pm
I've got just the car for you then - a 1973 Fiat Bambino.