Brakes sticking. Just replaced rotor and pads and they are sticking not sure problem is there special grease for them

rmcgrath, Nov 19, 11:16pm
just replaced rotor and pads and they are sticking not sure problem is there special grease for them

unbeatabull, Nov 19, 11:24pm
Floating calipers or fixed! (piston on either side)

If floating the slides could be seized.

Otherwise the new rotors and pads could be slightly too wide and so the piston, when fully retracted, still has a little bit of pressure on them! Assuming you have fitted aftermarket stuff and not genuine.

Other place to check would be the master cylinder, but I can't imagine that has developed a problem coinciding with the change of rotors and pads.

crzyhrse, Nov 19, 11:30pm
LOL Just pop into Repco and ask for some 'special brake rotor and pad grease'.

On second thoughts, don't. They'll probably sell you some.

mugenb20b, Nov 19, 11:32pm
What kind of car!

crzyhrse, Nov 19, 11:32pm
Anyway, it sounds like you're not the sort of person that should be encouraged to work on the brakes of a motor vehicle unsupervised. There are MANY pitfalls for the uninitiated and brakes are just far too important to be messed with by people who are inexperienced with them.

I strongly suggest to enlist the help of someone with a decent amount of knowledge to show you the ins and outs.

crzyhrse, Nov 19, 11:37pm
If you weren't so far east I'd give you a hand myself. I'm heading to Manukau this afternoon but the airport side.

kazbanz, Nov 20, 1:40am
OP. A common mistake made fitting new pads is forgetting that the brake fluid that was in the calipers had to go somewhere. That somewhere is back up into the master cylinder. please check the fluid level in the master as first port of call.

rmcgrath, Nov 20, 3:20am
cailiper pins were sticking a little emery paper and grease bloody good

crzyhrse, Nov 20, 3:21am
I hope you used rubber grease.

rmcgrath, Nov 20, 3:21am
mate thanks for your advise but it was da wife asking and he fixed it as above thanx motor mouth

crzyhrse, Mar 20, 6:18am
Spelling, paragraphs, punctuation. These are things that make your post comprehensible. I can't make any sense, whatsoever, of that last post.