its just annoying

mugenb20b, Nov 28, 6:05am
Did you get them checked!

dragontales, Nov 28, 6:08am
no i havent, could it be bad !

dragontales, Nov 28, 6:09am
its got a new warrant

m16d, Nov 28, 6:18am
Some disc pads have squeelers built in to warn you it's just about worn out before it starts to gouge the disc.
Get one of the boys at your work to crawl under with a torch and see how much pad is left.

dragontales, Nov 28, 6:20am
oh ok, bugger just got a warrant on it too, plus to new wheels and a wheel alignment

woody1946, Nov 28, 6:40am
squirt oil on them

thewomble1, Nov 28, 7:04am
The front brakes on my car squeal when cold. Garage said it was the kind of pads that are fitted.

kazbanz, Nov 28, 7:05am
most likely reason is that it needs new pads.-

fordkiwi27, Nov 28, 7:06am
brakes on red 2011 lambos squeal

dragontales, Nov 28, 7:11am
it is more when its cold, can you believe i forgot to mention it when i got the warrant, but as it got two new tyres fitted and balanced then sent off for a wheel alignment i would have presumed it was nothing to major anyway! it use to shoot off to one side at the back (which i did mention) when i went over a bump but it had a farked wheel, its all fixed now, maybe some just screech!

dragontales, Nov 28, 8:47am
might just turn the stereo up a bit louder

jmma, Nov 28, 8:55am
And buy an anchor before the brakes run out.

bubbles244, Nov 28, 8:59am
just put some grease on them, problem solved when you buy a new car

swannie3, Nov 29, 2:08am
I have screechy brakes and mine are about a week old.Surely they cant be worn out yet!

rachstickgirl, Nov 29, 2:18am
Virtual chocolate fish bet on them being silverline

kazbanz, Nov 29, 4:52pm
dragontales--Ok I'm gonna bite -most likely thjis is a pisstake thread but hey whaddevva
If your brakes are squeaking the most likely reason is that the pads are worn out or nearly worn out.Without brakes the car wont stop but in all honesty the noise will have turned into a pretty darn loud fgrinding noise before that.
Heres the good news-IF YOU TAKE YOUR CAR TO A MECHANIC.
The mechanic will jack the car up and take a look at the pads for you.
If theres nothing wrong except a bit of dust then itll only cost you about 10 minutes labour.
If the pads are worn out then maybee an hour (tops) and a set of pads. -say $150.00
If you wait and it turns out to be worst case senario You might find you pay for a set of disks as well as pads -so as much as $500
This is one of those cases where it realy truely is better to be safe than sorry.
If this really is a pisstake mehh well you got your bite

richard198, Nov 29, 7:04pm
Or, apply some copper grease to the back of the pads. (in between pad and piston)

dragontales, Nov 29, 7:57pm
def not a piss take kaznanz, they do screech butstrangley after i wash my car its ok for a day.weird, gonna do as you suggested anyway and take it back to the garage, dont think they'd be worn my garage man is very strick on warrants and dont think hed leave that go unnoticed (worn out pads) just thought id ask her not sure if it was common and something that just happens, hey im a chick :P

dragontales, Nov 29, 7:58pm
and i i notice lots are saying put oil on them or gease or whatever.seriously can you do that :o

jsbike, Nov 29, 7:59pm
2nd that, put some on my old car, BAD idea!

richard198, Nov 29, 8:15pm
They are taking the piss, but I wasn't.

thunderbolt, Nov 29, 8:23pm
It may interest the so called knowledgeable people in here to know that the Silverline branded pad has been sourced from at least 3 different suppliers in the last 5 years and a couple of those suppliers are amongst the biggest disc pad manufacturers globally.
They miss some features and benefits of the premium pads, but that??

dragontales, Nov 29, 9:36pm
i dont know what brand is on mine, and i bought them already on the car !

kazbanz, Nov 29, 10:24pm
NO NO NO dont you ever for even a second concider it or have a mate of a mate concider it.--Do you really want your brakes lubricated!
Now TOTALLY contradicting myself there is a product you paint onto the BACK of brake pads called copperkote which is a type of grease but its a special kind and only goes on the back and sparingly