Oil specs Wss-M2C913B/C

johnn, Jan 19, 5:20am
My Focus Diesel manual calls for Magnatec Synthetic 5w-30 WSS-M2C913B/C but I can't find any (only Magnatec 10-40). Ford dealers use it but don't sell it. I can get a full synthetic Caltex oil called Calibre with stated specs API SM/CF ACEA A3/B4-04 C3-04.
Is that an OK substitute! TIA.

poohy99, Jan 19, 5:35am
I assume you googled it.Looks like you need a ACEA (diesel) B5-08, and good luck finding that in NZ.From www.lubrizol.com: "Ford has issued a revision to WSS-M2C913-B which raises the minimum ACEA performance level from ACEA A1/B1 to ACEA A5/B5-08. Therefore, in future some ACEA A5/B5-08 engine oils may also meet the requirements of Ford WSS-M2C913-C."Have you asked the dealer!

johnn, Jan 19, 5:43am
Yes the dealer said "book it in & we will service your car & only charge you $320" they also said that they cannot sell me the specified oil thus I went looking at repco & supercheap & came up with the Caltex Calibre which appears to be a good alternative but I am not certain & thought someone on here might say "as long as it is 5W-30 & with the stated specs it will be fine.

poohy99, Jan 19, 5:52am
Info on that B5-08 is here: http://www.lubrizol.com/EuropeanEngineOils/A5B508.htmlBNT has Fuchs oils.It's not on their site nor have I seen it on the shelf but the Fuchs TITAN Supersyn F is the right stuff. Perhaps they can order it.

poohy99, Jan 19, 6:00am
But B4-04 is still a pretty high spec.I wouldn't be too afraid to use that Caltex oil you mentioned if nothing else is available.I think this is it: http://www.caltex.com.au/ProductsAndServices/Pages/ProductDescription.aspx!ID=1800I gather the Calibre is rebranded Caltex. Damn good price too $56/5.5 l

jasongroves, Jan 19, 6:07am
You could also use Motul SPECIFIC 913C 5W-30.if you can find it.
What year and engine is in your car!

franc123, Jan 19, 6:09am
That sounds like an incredibly dodgy excuse to me, if they want warranty requirements followed re the use of the specified oil they should be able to supply it, if it is being used in the workshop, for what reason can they not supply it to a vehicle owner!Even if you supplied your own container, for the purpose of topping up between services it should be able to be purchased.

jasongroves, Jan 19, 6:15am

johnn, Jan 19, 6:26am
The car 1.8L TDCi, is 2007 & out of warranty thus no need to line Ford dearlers pocket any more. I had a good look around & think the Caltex Calibre is a good replacment but just wanted some confirmation, so thanks you have given me that. I was able to buy the filter from Ford $33 which is 2x the price of any other at repco or supercheap so that says it all but neither of those 2 stores could supply or even offer an alternative.

jasongroves, Jan 6, 2:05pm
All the oil recommendations I can find (apart from those above) are from the likes of Mobil, Valvoline etc and they are call FE grade.
Ie; MOBIL SUPER FE SPECIAL, Valvoline
SYNPOWER FE MOTOR OIL