Do female drivers have different traffic rules!

Page 1 / 3
gadgetman, Nov 23, 9:14am
I have noticed many times that female drivers behave differently and make different mistakes in traffic than male drivers.
Males make stupid overtaking and tailgating to be fair.
What I have noticed with women is that often they are a majority of those who drive with parking lights on! I flash lights to them and they might think that I am trying to flirt with them. Sorry for getting your hopes up but I try to treat everybody the same in traffic no matter who they are.
On intersections I have to be careful if I see a female driver as she might think a common courtesy overrules traffic rules. Should I let a female driver go first even I am coming from the right! What if I fail to see who is behind the drivers seat!
Teenage women seems to be the ones looking at ther lap with other hand down. Texters most likely or is it something else!
It would be quite confusing if one would treat other driver differently depending on the sex, age or race.

whqqsh, Nov 23, 9:20am
not sure about different rules but they do buy cars without indicators that work

jgig23, Nov 23, 9:29am
LOL you should post this in general and watch the sparks fly

gadgetman, Nov 23, 9:37am
I thought about parenting. Might do that later!
A bit like stirring an ants nest. You get a good response. I am talking about those half a metre high ants nests back in Finland whereI also learned my driving. Credit to finnish female drivers being equal to men also in traffic. Must be a cultural thing!

crzyhrse, Nov 23, 10:03am
Nothing illegal about that except during the legal hours of darkness. Do you know what those hours are (without looking it up)!

electromic, Nov 23, 10:34am
I had to do the daycare/school run a couple of times recently. The carpark at daycare is small, i watched a tiny slither of a mum climb in the big/safe 4wd and do a 13 point turn to get out and she only drives full throttle or hard on the brakes all of 200metres up the road to school. No signals, speeding in the 40 zone, stereo full blast. Vehicle is a long wheel base patrol in petrol and auto with a lift kit, big wheels, and lights on the roof.damn i like her more now.

r15, Nov 23, 11:17am
never trust anyone wearing a hat driving

shelleigh, Nov 23, 8:46pm
Gets pretty feral very quickly in there at times all right lol
OP I'm a female driver and I HATE people using park lights when driving! If you need lights on when driving, put the headlights on.
And I would never expect a man to let me go first simply because I am a woman. That is just silly especially if there is other traffic nearby.

rsr72, Nov 23, 9:02pm
Women drivers are always best avoided.

sifty, Nov 23, 9:12pm
I find women are very bad at traffic flow, as in they may be turning left, and if they veered left before turning other traffic could pass, but they tend to hog the lane and stop until they can go, causing everyone to halt. Same in supermarkets incidentally, blokes will put the trolley to one side while the grab something, but sheilas tend to just stop in mid aisle while they read the fat content of every item on the shelf, causing serious trolley rage.

Never seen women expect to be let through however, I had some tosser cut me off because 'he was there first' when waiting to turn into a retail outlet. Never mind the road rules eh mate. I was pretty tempted to just turn in as I was in the work truck I must admit.

ianrich, Nov 23, 9:14pm
It actually does say in the Road Code " You must not drive with your park lights on" . I'm amazed at the amount of people I see on the road who are still unaware of basic road rules.

shelleigh, Nov 23, 9:34pm
Only the ones who drive like some males do - stupidly.

gadgetman, Nov 23, 11:19pm
Illegal or not but does not make any sense using parking lights. NZ road code is not very clear about lights so it should be re-written.
Just observe different vehicles coming towards you on the highway with
different lights on. I bet you fail to notice some having parking lights on until they are very close. Many truckies ( males) even use parking lights.
Not very bright mentally and visually.

gadgetman, Nov 23, 11:22pm
Sometimes I wear my cap because it is better than sunvisor to block sunstrike. Would you trust me!

gadgetman, Nov 23, 11:25pm
Stupidity does not discriminate on gender. Males are stupid in a different way. Testosterone rules us guys.

mugenb20b, Nov 23, 11:28pm
My wife is actually a very good driver, never had a single accident. In fact, on long trips, I prefer her driving than me. She has more patience and I get to enjoy the scenery.

shelleigh, Nov 23, 11:49pm
I get a testosterone boost when someone passes when they shouldn't because their ears would drop off if they heard what I call them!

It's amazing how many people don't realise that park lights are called that for a reason - to be used when you are parked. Some are so dim (bit like some drivers) that they aren't worth having on at all when driving.

lady71, Nov 24, 12:04am
Thank you from another women driver.and what about all the vehicles on the road at 6am in the morning at present with "no" lights on.so unsafe to even think about passing at that hour of the morning as you can bet there is a car coming with no lights.and guess what.all men drivers see the same ones every morning.

sifty, Nov 24, 12:59am
and have a few beers.

inkapuka, Nov 24, 1:32am
Why are you not allowed to drive with park lights on when mealw every single bar today has them what's the point

inkapuka, Nov 24, 1:33am
Lol nealy every single car

sebastian55, Nov 24, 1:43am
*thinks about herself* and oblivious to others around her.

jono2912, Nov 24, 2:19am
Park lights are for when you are. wait for it. parked.

elect70, Nov 24, 2:30am
Like the dozy bint yesterdaypulls to the left & puts right indicator out, I didnt know what she was going to do turn right or not so stopped & waited eventually turned right .Like my ex" the steering is stuffedhard to turn "--------10 PSi in the tyres" oh how do you pump them up " !

74nova, Nov 24, 4:14am
There was a survey done recently, It has been found that 1 in every 3 woman are as stupid as the other 2 !