Do female drivers have different traffic rules!

Page 3 / 3
gadgetman, Nov 23, 9:37am
I thought about parenting. Might do that later!
A bit like stirring an ants nest. You get a good response. I am talking about those half a metre high ants nests back in Finland where I also learned my driving. Credit to finnish female drivers being equal to men also in traffic. Must be a cultural thing!

ema1, Nov 24, 10:10am
According to the road code "Never Drive With Park Lights Only On!" So that would seem to me to be saying it's illegal to do so in just having park lights on by themselves.
Park lights are for that very thing .Parking .

I prefer to have them on all the time as during daylight there are times e.g. with bright sun behind you, the drivers heading towards the bright sun have a hard time seeing oncoming vehicles, with head lights on they have a vastly improved chance of seeing those vehicles that can be obscured by bright sun up ahead.
The object of the exercise is to BE SEENit's not a matter of you being able to see though it is vital when dark obviously.
The number of folks I see with no lights on down this way appearing out of fog and mist in winter simply staggers me, numerous crashes happen as a result, heck the road conditions in winter or in the wet etc are bad enough let alone NON thinking drivers out there!

Cut & Paste Extract from NZ Road Code Test Form.When to use headlights, as in at the times mentioned below, or in times of poor visibility when park lights are neigh on useless!

You must turn on your vehicle's headlights:
1-from 30 minutes after sunset, until 30 minutes before sunrise
2-at any other time when you can't clearly see a person or vehicle 100 metres away.
Never drive with just the park lights on.

ema1, Nov 24, 10:22am
Those lights on your truck are actually referred to as POSITION LIGHTS .and I drive trucks also and I turn on all my lights as I prefer to be seen by on coming traffic and with only some lights or even just park lights .you might be seen in the off chance only.
The more lights you have on I say the better .that's pertaining to head lights or daylight type lamps which are more common now.
Having lights on in daylight hours isn't going to make or strain the electrics on any vehicle any more than at night or poor light conditions.
The extra $ whatever that possibly is used over a span of time is cheap safety insurance in my book .so what if you blow a bulb say .get the damn thing replaced, the law requires you to have full lighting capability on your vehicles AT ALL TIMES period.