Laws Surrounding Immobile Cars on Street

fordguy17, Jan 22, 3:16am
G'day, does anyone know the laws surrounding whether a car can be parked on the road outside your property if it's unregistered and warranted! I was given $400 in fines this afternoon (Yes a Saturday afternoon and 2:46pm!) for my car which has been parked outside my house. The car is complete and tidy, no one would suspect that it's not Reg/Wof, and i live down a very quiet street with plenty of parking space around. The car was dropped off by a transport company a few months ago and has no gearbox so i have had it sitting outside my gate since then, parked alongside my other cars that my family uses daily. The fines i received are: P192 "Failed to display a current license label in prescribed manner" and C101 "Did operate a vehicle on a road without displaying current evidence of vehicle inspection"

Now I'm going to be writing in about this as the C101 fine is false, the car was NOT being operated on a road, it's immobile.

Anyone have any helpful advice about this! I'm so (insert obscenity here) annoyed right now!

cuda.340, Jan 22, 3:19am
if it's on the road it has to have a wof & reg. my apprentice had this same problem 2 years back after getting a rolling shell home at 10pm. he left it til the following day to push it in the garage but at 2.20AM he was ticketed for the same thing. tried to fight it but lost. you're stuck with a fine sorry.

brokebloke1, Jan 22, 3:28am
the road or footpath is a public place therefore you must have be showing a current wof and rego! end of story pay the fine sorry

bitsy_boffin, Jan 22, 3:33am
You are EXTREMELY unlikely to get off.

Councils simply LOVE issuing these fines.

Yes, if it's on the road at all you need to have a WOF and current vehicle licence (aka, reg), they won't budge.

And make sure it's off the road now, just because they've issued one ticket, doesn't mean they won't come back every day and do it again!

sw20, Jan 22, 3:35am
You don't own the road outside your house. Park it on your lawn.

fordguy17, Jan 22, 3:37am
Yeah, I'm just bringing it in now. It's just so ridiculous, completely stupid. Yes it's got no wof or reg, but it's a very tidy car parked just outside my gate, no where near any other property. The street is so quiet, the council must be desperate for money. This just defies all common sense, if the car was beaten up and parked down the main street or a busy street, sure i could understand. I don't know how those wardens sleep at night, to be honest i hope more people run the bastards over.

fordguy17, Jan 22, 3:38am
Yeah well, it was parked there as the street is so quiet and large, you basically couldn't tell a car was parked there. Lesson learned i suppose.

rsr72, Jan 22, 3:49am
# 1 -
People parking/storing cars outside houses on the street instead of inside are a pain in the backside.
Serves you right.

fordguy17, Jan 22, 3:50am
No, but if you lived where i live you would see where I'm coming from. It's purely malicious. It's no different to having a car exactly the same but with wof/reg parked next to it. I thought a neighbour had dobbed me in, but there is a car down the road with a ticket also, so i assume they got desperate for revenue and have been going street by street.

fordguy17, Jan 22, 3:52am
So what do all the people with no OSP do! Park on the roof! The car is about 10m away from anyone elses driveway entrance, and the street could fit three buses across it, so it's not like it's a pain in the backside.

bigfatmat1, Jan 22, 4:04am
I believe they register and warrant their cars. You want to park there register and warrant it like most of the population do. Then you will not get a ticket.

fordguy17, Jan 22, 4:09am
So I've noticed. And decency is void too. You think for instances like this they would issue a warning for the vehicle to be removed within 24 hours or else a fine. I had no idea i couldn't park it outside my house on a quiet street, and to be slapped with $400.i can understand why people run these sub humans down when getting tickets. The cars rego is on hold, and the gearbox is out of it making it immobile, so can't get a wof.

fordguy17, Jan 22, 4:25am
I probably will be taking it to court, even if it's just to exchange it for community service. I've never been to court or had convictions, but i'm sure as hell not giving the council a CENT for this BS. Interesting point about the blocks, as technically you are correct, although i'm sure they will have some way of getting around that one. I will be challenging one of my fines as it states i "operated a vehicle on a road." how could i operate the vehicle on the road when it's current state is completely immobile, the gearbox is OUT of the car.

Keep fighting your battle, as that is understandable, it's not like you parked your car blocking the foot path or road. The slimy little bastards prey on crap like that. Do you feel you are winning!

bigfatmat1, Jan 22, 4:48am

fordguy17, Jan 22, 4:54am
It states that i operated a vehicle though, which is false.

afer_daily, Jan 22, 4:58am
you should think yourself lucky . in england they are going to bring / or its already in that you have to have insurance on your car even if its in your garage and immobile !

fordguy17, Jan 22, 5:25am
Cause i'm such a criminal for having my car on the street with no wof or reg, shit i'm right up there with murderers and rapists. In fact, i got the same $ fine for having my car PARKED on the street that i would if i had gone and pulled some burnouts instead. They are just malicious little shit heads, if they want to pull this crap, i'll waste their time. There are enough low lives and scum bags clogging up the system already, I'm sure my parking fines and I will fit right in.

bigfatmat1, Jan 22, 5:49am
pay ya rego get a wof like everyone else has to. Parking on the road is not a right. What makes you more special than anyone else that parks and gets a ticket for no reg and no wof. Also the code is correct for the wof ticket even if the description is incorrectHow are you going to prove you did not operate this vehicle. Stop ya moaning and takes some responsibility in ya life i.e accept your car is on a road in an un road worthy state regardless how it got there its your car it has no reg no wof and it shouldn't be there. I think your 'burnout' fine would also carry loss of license and a court date so hardly the same.

gedo1, Jan 18, 1:54am
C'mon man. you've had it there for a "few months"Why not work on it and get it roadworthy and stop using public property for your junk yard (tidy or not).As for those who attack neighbours for dobbing you in . again c'mon man they've put up with it for "a few months" already.Who could blame them for losing patience!