New Ferrari FF - BMW 1 series rip-off!

duggin, Jan 22, 12:40am
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4708/Ferrari-FF.html

Changing the way we think about Ferraris!

pandai, Jan 22, 12:54am
If you're comparing it to a BMW, more like an E85 z4 coupe or even Z3 coupe.

I think Bentley and Porsche might even have been thinking about similar body designs as well.Ferrari were probably just quicker off the mark.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 22, 12:58am
I can see where you are coming from, the side rear profile does have that look. But when you boil it down only the treatment of the rear of the roof is BMWesk.

The rounded side body panels, vents, big toothy grill etc were used by Pininfarina on Ferraris over 40 years ago. Just take a look at the side profile of a Dino to see some of those characteristics.

I do admit that the little vent by the front door hinge is also a little BMWish but again its only an inverted version of what they have done in the past.

wrong2, Jan 22, 1:27am
sure , but could you point out the v12 4WD series 1 BMW to me so that i can be sure first !

if anything , the side on reminds me of the Breadvan (& the Z's too admittedly)

moosie_21, Jan 22, 2:26am
V12 in a rather small car! Yes please!

craig04, Jan 22, 2:34am
+1 When I see a 6.3 V12 AWD the first thing I think is BMW 1 series. Styling wise, I can see some similarities to a Z3/Z4 coupe though.

rsr72, Jan 22, 4:00am
Sure does-
it's horrible for a Ferrari.
What were they thinking!

foxdonut, Jan 22, 6:40am
Ferrari never look as good in print as do on the street. The California, Enzo and 360 are all proof.

To me it looks like a modernisation of the coachwork 456 Shooting Brake. It has a slant rear, which is about the only similarity with the 1 series.

With a Tipo 6.3 litre it won't be anything like the BMW and might be their answer to the Rapide or Panamera.

Glad to see they still haven't caved in and built a SUV.

carkitter, Jan 22, 7:22am
Nice to see Ferrari decided to remake the Lancia HPE!

richardmayes, Jan 20, 1:04pm
That thing is a rip off of the BMW 1-series in the same way that Vikki Blows is a rip-off of HM the Queen Mother. Two arms, two legs, two fun bags. but not really the same thing.