Amazing Lambo/Ferrari driving experience today

anenigma, Oct 27, 1:09am
***This is not an advertisement for the company***

I paid for a FreemanX Drving day at Hampton Downs and did it today. All I can say is FREAKING ???O??? for ORESOME

On Fathers Day was at a mall and they had a Lambo Gallardo and a Ferrar 360 and had a deal where you pay $300 each for a track day driving experience in these cars. Figured it was Fathers Day so treated myself.

Went out today expecting the worst. Thought they either wont let you drive the cars balls out OR they will be governed. Wrong on both counts. I love the sound of the Lambo and thought this would be a real treat.

Drove the Lambo first and it was a BUZZ. The noise coming from behind the head was just what I had hoped for. The acceleration brought a big smile to the face. First lap was a little cautious as didn??

esprit, Oct 27, 1:34am
Sadly they don't let you drive the things that fast around the corners. you can floor it in a straight line but it's a pretty tame experience compared to what running one of these machines on track is really like ;)

esprit, Oct 27, 1:39am
Having said that. for $300, that's a pretty decent experience for the average person who normally wouldn't be used to driving around a track in something quick or exotic!

ginga4lyfe, Oct 27, 1:49am
yeah for the others, 300 bucks means Enough petrol and an entry fee to a drack day event :P

anenigma, Oct 27, 1:56am
Agreed but most couldnt jump in one and drive it hard around corners anyway - would not have ability

Wouldnt call it tame but it was a blast - well worth the spend

fiatracer, Oct 27, 2:36am
I think it depends on how they perceive you.Without trying to sound like a knob, I told the instructor that I know the circuit well, and have driven quick stuff there, incl v. quick road cars. One lap in he agreed I knew my stuff, the lines, and could easily handle the grunt. I was allowed to push hard enough that the Gallardo was [surprisingly] quite understeery, hit the rev limiter through the gears etc.and yes, it IS a blast!

anenigma, Oct 27, 3:22am
For me was the first time on that track at all. Did some racing on Puke and Taupo in my own 911 but that was way long ago and had done no racing (except power-boat) since.

The guys in the left hand seat were great. They saw that I was respectful of the car and could actually drive (a bit) so were happy for me to give it grief and drive as hard as I wanted. I was not prepared to go real hard in a car and on a track I was utterly unfamiliar with, but the thrash I gave it was sufficient for me (today) - doing it again may be a different story haha

anenigma, Oct 27, 3:24am
Just saw your monicker - did you used to play in Fiats - is so there cant be too many Phils that play with Fiats in your region and I know of you - Has friends in low places lol

aktow, Oct 28, 12:21pm
This is not an advertisement for the company,, yeah right

michael.benn, Oct 29, 2:36am
I'm gonna hopefully do one of these one day :D

anenigma, Oct 31, 8:13pm
Dont be a tossa - think what ya will

I had an amazing day getting to drive these cars in a manner I otherwise never would have the opportunity, unless I bought one - and all for what I still believe is a very moderate price. I still cant see how he makes any money.

I can hand on my heart say I have absolutely no affiliation with the company in any way and dont even know anyone that works for them.

I believe if you have a good experience with a vendor or tradesman you should tell others about it, and like wise if you havea bad experience I know people tell even more.

I had a GREAT day and could not recommend them more highly

fiatracer, Oct 31, 8:32pm
yes, I used to do events in various 128s and an X1/9, and yes i know some Fiat owners in low places.

anenigma, Jan 18, 3:53pm
Aha - say hi to the obese one of Cambridge if you see him lol