Ferrari 458 in Albany

Page 1 / 2
rsr72, Jan 27, 2:27am
A good question.
No-one has any money over there.

mcscottwgtn, Jan 27, 2:34am
Bet it sounded fantastic. Wonder how many are in the country. Wonder how they qualify prospects.
I took a test drive of a few brand new porsches a couple of years ago. One dealer said to keep it under 4.5 rpm, or something (car had only travelled less than 50km~ at that stage). Kind of hard to get the feel for a performance car when the dealer wont allow you to drive it as it is intended. A bit of a pointless process really. Better to drive a preloved one, but a bit hard for some cars.

fiatracer, Jan 27, 2:39am
I don't think they sound all that great - typical flat-plane V8, more of a shriek than a V8 sound

bigjerry, Jan 27, 2:39am
I looked at that. thought it was a bit rough. weighed it up, decided not to buy it.

ric7, Jan 27, 2:42am
that will be the owner of Gilrose Finance, he changes his exotics every few months

foxdonut, Jan 27, 2:45am
The 360 is still my favourite sounding Ferrari - downshifting from third to second with that little blip around 4k hasn't been beat yet.

The 430 sounds pretty cool taking off from a stand still, you get that "Half arsed Italian" ingnition sequence that sounds like its not going to tick over, then the not so impressive launch but then the cam profile kicks in and it roars into life.

The F50 is the is the really special one though. Thats like nothing you'll ever hear again.

huge73, Jan 27, 2:47am
I thought about that, but haven't seen any parked outside their office for quite some time now. I think the last one was the red 599, but that seems like well over a year ago.

huge73, Jan 27, 3:04am
I stand corrected - there is a 911 GT3 parked right outside their front door as I write this message.

bmwnz, Jan 27, 3:12am
I was in London recently. It seemed to me that every second car was a Ferrari, Aston, Porsche, Lambo, Maybach or other. Kind of made these cars seem a little mundane.

socram, Jan 27, 4:19am
Best Ferrari sound to my old ears was the old V12 of the mid sixties.Our 'establishment' used to back onto the Staines bypass and just a couple of miles up the road, was Maranello Concessionaires - Ferrari main dealer.Needless to say they used to test them on the by-pass.

rsr72, Jan 27, 4:21am
And they had some of the greatest sports-racing Ferraris of all time go through their hands in those days.

wrong2, Jan 27, 6:16am
bit pricey considering its Ferraris base model

guess thats the NZ markup we have to live with in action

chris_051, Jan 27, 6:30am
waiting on Skyline tossers to come in and say their $5000 R32 with 15 grand spent on it will deal to the latesrt Ferrari

dr.doolittle, Jan 27, 6:35am
My $5k Surf has way more traction than that thing. Probably gets more looks too.

wrong2, Jan 27, 6:46am
the scuderia was only asking 550K

makes you think they are trying to cash in something hard

carstauranga001, Jan 27, 6:51am
May have been Phil Rudd up that way for some reason. Must be difficult to choose whether to take the Ferrari, the Bently, the lamborghini, Audi R8, Mercedes Gullwing or just the boring Audi Q5.

craig04, Jan 27, 6:51am
According to the ad, it could be yours from $8352.00 per fortnight through GE. No worries.

carstauranga001, Jan 27, 6:57am
Where do I sign up! Can I have it for the weekend!

carkitter, Jan 27, 7:00am
Audis aren't boring mate, even the Q5. I've driven all the new models except the R8 and have a healthy respect for them.

This gets my vote for best sounding car - Ferrari 599 XX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=PHjeW37Nrpk&playnext=1&list=PL93CA847EB56967E1

wrong2, Jan 27, 7:02am
Audis are the ford falcons of europe

the 4wd ones are especially known for their understeer

craig04, Jan 27, 7:10am
Sure. That will be $1193.

carstauranga001, Jan 27, 7:23am
That's soooooo funny.

carkitter, Jan 27, 7:26am
Your username is so apt, well done.

dr.doolittle, Jan 27, 7:41am
I'll give you that. Pick it up Fri pm. back Mon am. Might need a wash after though.

wrong2, Jan 27, 8:31am
you may like em

doesnt mean your opinion is shared

being more upmarket doesnt change their position